12 | london

I open my eyes to a dark room, which makes me check the time. It's just 9 AM and it's still dark. I look out of the window to encounter a cloudy sky.

I smile and slowly breath in. Seeing the sky like this is soothing. It would be better if it was raining. I pull myself off the bed as I let a sigh out.

Looking around this room, makes me feel out of place. I mean, it's normal. This is not my house and the room doesn't have a trace of someone's personality, like my room back at my apartment. This room is as empty as the white colour of the wall. I'm not complaining though, I'm really glad Harry had a spare room for me. He didn't let me fight him on this one when I told him I'd be sleeping in a hotel room. He said it was fair since I let him sleep on my bed.

I stroll towards my bag, taking out a pair of my grey sweatpants and put them on. I don't even bother to put a bra on right now. I'm not in the mood to wear that uncomfortable shit.

After I go to the bathroom, I leave my room and make my way downstairs in the living room's direction taking my phone with me. Once I get there, the first thing I hear is his voice along with a guitar in the room behind the couch.

"Taste so sweet, look so real." He sounds like he's in pain, while he sings it. Like he's remembering things that relate to those lyrics. "But I can't touch what I see."

I freeze in my spot, feeling like I'm interrupting something, and I shouldn't be here at all. The lyrics he's singing and how he's singing it makes my heartache. He's hurting, you can tell in his voice.

The beautiful tunes of the guitar suddenly stop, and my heart skips a beat. Did he see me? Is that why he's stopping?

But when I hear him sing again without the guitar, my breathing gets back to normal. "We're not who we used to be."

"That sounds good, I'll do it again." He mumbles to himself.

Shit. I should stop right here and go back to my room. I heard enough and I feel bad just for catching that bit of the song. But before I even get to turn around, another voice decides to make an appearance and my heart stops again.

"Good morning, Vee." Niall speaks as motivated as always.

Fuck.

I turn around and smile as bright as I can. "Good morning, Niall." He smiles back and when I see Karen walking beside him, the only thing I can think about is, did they sleep together last night?

I frown but turn back around when I hear Harry's steps moving closer to the living room.

"Good morning." He says as he enters the living room. I catch a glimpse of panic in his eyes before I look down at the blue couch in front of him.

I can't find the courage to lock at him... not yet, not after what I just heard.

Niall and Karen walk past us in the kitchen's direction, Karen slightly shoves him as they both laugh. Their friendship makes my lips lift in a smile. It's good seeing her being happy like that.

They get in the kitchen, leaving me alone with Harry. My heart starts beating faster, as I feel him staring at me. Only his gaze can make me feel this nervous. I don't know how he does it, but he always looks so intimidating. Maybe I'm just too shy and that's why he makes me feel this way.

"How much have you heard?" He asks me, his voice barely audible.

"What?" I look up to him, startled.

"Did you hear it?" He asks again, a bit of fear dancing in his eyes.

"Heard what?" My first instinct in this situation is to play dumb, not a very smart thing to do.