5 | perfect

one week later

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!"

I open my eyes, confused at why Kay's screaming.

"What...?" I ask, dazed.

"Get up, you lazy ass." She pulls my blanket away and I groan. It's so cold now; everything feels so cold right now.

"What the fuck are you doing? Give me my blanket back." I groan again and she chuckles.

"No." Kay responds.

I roll my eyes at her, and I seat up. She goes to my closet, taking a beautiful dress out. I slowly realise which one she took and I gasp. It's the dress I wanted to wear to the awkward date. The dress is light pink and has tiny flowers on it. I have never wore it before because I was too insecure, and I still am.

"You have to wear this." Karen says, showing me the dress with a smile on her face. "You never wore it and now it's time to change that."

"No, it's not." I shake my head. I'm not going to wear it, not even if it's my last day on this Earth.

"Vee, come on, it's your special today." She looks at me with puppy eyes.

"I won't fall for that and I won't wear the dress."

She sighs at my response and seats on my bed. "I've never seen you in a dress before."

"Yeah, you did." I furrow my brows. How does she not remember?

"When?" she asks me, obviously confused.

"When we were kids."

She chuckles and lightly pushes me. "That doesn't count."

"Why not?" I chuckle.

"Because I can't remember half of my childhood." She responds. "Now, get dressed 'cause we have guests."

I furrow my brows. "Since when do we have other friends?"

She chuckles and stands up, leaving the dress on my bed. "Shut up." She says and walks to the door. "We'll wait in the living room." She walks out of my room and closes the door behind.

I sigh. Who could have she invited over? I know that she knows I don't want Matt to be here, so Matt is off the list. She is kinda the only friend I have, well, she's more like a sister to me.

I shake my overthinking away. Today is the day I won't worry about anything. I don't want today to be stressful.

Looking at the dress in front of me, I stand up. I want to wear it because I kinda feel good now, but I know that if I try it on, I'm gonna cry. I'll look at my body and I'll cry. That's what I always do.

I brush my teeth and wash my face before I even get dressed. I put mascara on and then blush, not too much though, I don't want to look like a tomato. I think I'm done. I look in the mirror and smile. I look pretty... yes, I do. I like to stay natural when it comes to make-up, but if Karen forces me to go to a party, I do more than mascara and blush. Right now, I feel like natural is better.

I stare at the dress that's still laying on my bed, and I put it back in my closet. I take a deep breath, wondering what to wear. My eyes keep looking back at the dress in the closet, and I get dressed.

I go to the living room, and I gasp when I see Harry talking with Kay.

What the hell...?

"Vee." Harry shouts with a smile on his face and opens his arms to pull me in a hug. I hug him back, happy to see him again.

It's been three months since I last saw him. It feels a little odd to see him here, standing in my living room. The fact that he's here makes it real, it makes the three entire months talking on the phone real.