23 | ice cream

2 July 2014

Even though it's been two months, people are still talking about the article, not that much as in the beginning, but they still are. I was curious to see what people were saying about me, but I also wanted to keep my promise to Harry. That's why I asked Karen to update me on the topic. She only told me if they were still talking and only showed me positive comments.

Kay said that Harry was right, and I shouldn't care much about it. She tried to distract me by watching movies with her. I think we watched all of the Disney movies that exist, we even watched the Marvel movies together.

It was a good distraction to not think about what I read. It felt good to not think about it in any way and forget that it happened.

Karen is been sleeping in my room with me because she knows that once I'm alone, the overthinking starts. Even Harry has been talking more with me over the phone. He calls almost every day to ask me how I feel and only hearing his voice makes me feel better.

There is something about his voice that has me mesmerized, just like his eyes. The sound of his voice is comforting, it makes me forget about so many things in my life.

On the phone, his voice sounds different and sometimes he gets cut off because of the bad signal, but today I was going to hear him without it. I was going to see him for the first time in two months.

I was sitting with Karen in her car in silence, only the music of the radio filled the car. We were already driving for two hours to the stadium where the concert was going to take place and had like fifteen minutes left.

Harry knows we're coming because we've talked about it. I told him I wanted to keep it low and that I wanted us to be careful. I don't want any more pictures to flood the internet to make me feel worse.

I decided to keep my appearance low, only wearing my mom jeans and a large light pink sweatshirt. That shade of pink was my favourite colour and the one that always comforted me in some kind of way. I needed to wear today because I didn't know if people would recognize me. I was terrified of it.

"I have an idea," Karen speaks out, making me turn my head to her. She extends her arm out to press a few buttons on the controller and Happily starts playing.

I chuckle as I begin to mouth the lyrics. Funny, how she remembers how the song makes me feel. I haven't listened to it out loud since it came out, only with my earphones.

"I don't care what people say when we're together." I whisper. That's what I should do, right? I shouldn't care about it, not even think of it. Harry is right after all - it's nobody's business.

After a few more songs distracting me, we arrived at the hotel they were staying. They had two more hours before the concert, so we went straight to the hotel. Kay already texted Niall, and he said we should wait outside, so we decided to stay in the car until they came down.

"How do you feel?" She asks me.

"I don't know," I answer honestly. There is no point in lying to her. She knows when I lie and how I felt when I first found out.

"Does it scare you to see him now?"

"What?" I turn to her with a frown. "No, what should it scare me?"

"Because they could see you two together." She answers, looking at me with a compassionate look.

I shake my head, "Only if they recognize me."

She nods her head and her phone makes a sound like it always does when she gets a message. Kay leans forward to grab her phone from her back pocket. She looks at the screen and reads the message.