chapter twenty-five

(Since Wattpad seemed to of banned gifs this will have to do

(Since Wattpad seemed to of banned gifs this will have to do.)

Secrets that are Kept

"There is a point in everything, there are answers."
- Cassandra Pressman

⚯͛

24th June 1995

Rita Skeeters articles in Witch Weekly had become worse, Raven was lucky she had hardly been called out by the snooping woman - not everyone could say the same - after Hermione had been called out not long before, Harry's turn for public humiliation had come around this time.

'Harry Potter "DISTURBED AND DANGEROUS."'

Raven didn't need to read any further to know that Rita had written a whole article of bullshit about the Boy Who Lived, and found herself scoffing as she limped around the Hogwarts castle seeing the lacy pink magazine at every turn.

Besides, the black-haired girl had bigger problems to worry about with the third task only hours away. After the second task Raven thought she had ages before the last task would come around, but considering the second task only felt weeks ago, she figured she misjudged the amount of time she had before the final task.

"I can't believe that stupid Skeeter," Malia groaned, hurrying over to the limping girl, "She keeps writing bullshit about all the champions." Raven nodded her head in understanding, following the brown-haired girl into the Great Hall.

Every since the Hermione fiasco, Raven had distanced herself from the Slytherins, she still smiled at them in the hallway, however, she felt it inappropriate to sit with them at mealtimes knowing how badly they had upset Hermione.

"Have you seen what that Skeeter has been writing about Harry?" Neveah asked as the two girls sat down opposite her and Nathan.

"I saw the headline," Raven said, shrugging her shoulders as she sat on the Hufflepuff bench, "I didn't see the point in reading the paper - figured it'd be the usual bullshit."

Nathan snorted, "You're not wrong," he said, diverting his eyes away from the newspaper, "All she said was how he's 'dangerous', and involved in the 'Dark Arts' because he can speak Parseltongue."

"Harry can speak Parseltongue?" Neveah asked, skimming back over the article, gasping when she saw the line.

"What's Parseltongue again?" Raven asked, nervously fidgeting with her sleeves as she diverted her eyes from the prying students' gazes.

"He can speak to snakes," Nathan confirmed.

"It was crazy," Malia interrupted, "In the third year they were this weird defence class with that knob head Lockhart, he spoke to a snake!"

Nathan rolled his eyes, "Stop pretending you weren't shitting yourself thinking he was the heir of Slytherin." Malia only shrugged.

Raven was about to ask what an 'heir' was when a light tap was placed on her shoulder. She turned around, her grey eyes meeting the nauseating gaze of Minerva McGonagall, "The champions are congregating in the chamber of the Hall after breakfast." She said parchment rolled up tightly in her hand.