~ Chapter - 1~ {E}

~ The power to change your life lies in the simplest of steps

- Steve Maraboli~

A single decision of her to continue her friendship with those two people changed many things in her life. She is grateful that for the first time in her life, after entering Hogwarts, she followed her gut rather than listening to Ron and Hermione's opinions and considering them because if she had done that, then she would have been ignorant of those things which she should have known a long time back and that lead her to the present scenario. To achieve what she has in her mind, she needs to do this because it gives her a way to break free from the prison she and her godfather live in.

She took a deep breath and cleaned herself with a freshening charm. She learned the Wandless magic of a few handy charms and changed into one of the new pairs from the clothes she had shopped along with Fleur and Victor at Hogsmead, that is, black pencil jeans paired with the purple sleeveless t-shirt with a black overcoat. She paired them with her new black sandals, took her cloak along with the wand, strapped her wand holster onto her left wrist, and came down to see Dursleys having their breakfast and pleasantly watching TV. At the same time, she was left in her room starving which made her angry, but she controlled it, not wanting to rail up Vernon, which may backfire at her even before she can get her point across.

Before she could open her mouth, they took notice of her presence. They paled slightly as they remembered how Sirius personally visited them, threatening to kill them if they even raised their voices, let alone lay their hands on his goddaughter last week before she was back from Hogwarts, but concealed it very well with a memory charm.

"How did you get these clothes, girl? From whom did you steal?" Petunia asked with disgust which boiled Azalea's blood, and she glared at her aunt.

"I'm not like you, Pet, who attend parties at other houses and come back with stolen goods as trinkets. Unlike you, I have dignity and self-respect," Azalea snapped at her, stunning the Dursleys into silence.

"How can you talk to my Mom like that, you freak," Dudley said and stood from his place to come near her, making her glare at him dead in the eye.

"Shut up, Dudley. I'm not here to listen to any one of your bullsh*t. Vernon, I want to talk to you for a few minutes NOW," Azalea ordered rather than saying. From the expression on his face, she could see wheels turning in his head to see what would benefit him in this conversation if he agreed, so she baited him.

"If you will, I will give you 50 pounds." Were her words while she internally smirked, seeing how the expressions flitted across their faces after listening to her were nothing but greed and jealousy.

"What is it, girl?" Vernon asked irritatedly arghhh, why does everyone call me my girl as if I am the five-year-old kid who is doing something naughty and sneaking around, and isn't it old coot enough to annoy me with his twinkling eyes? She just shook her head and focused on the people standing before her.

"I have a few errands to run, and I want something from you, and if you are willing, I will pay half the amount now and half the amount after I come back," Azalea answered, and Vernon looked intrigued. At the same time, she continued without giving a chance for him to question further, "I want you to drop me at Leaky Cauldron in 30 mins, and I won't bother you for the rest of the day," she said and saw silent communication pass between Petunia and Vernon for few minutes. Then he turned towards Azalea nodding his head in approval.