Chapter 31: Denial

Her refined beauty was reflected in her words , as the sly Guru didn't flinch a muscle. "What if I did?" She asked, smirking diligently at the dark haired girl who became irritated at her brutal words. "I don't see how that changes anything."  She pointed out, paving into a devilish smirk as her face beamed with sheer confidence in stride.  She wasn't going to let Mei Aihara have any satisfaction in their conversation. Talking to her made her realize she's more naïve than she predicted. She may have tried to hide her dissatisfaction and disgust, but it was easy for Harumin to notice as she secretly observed the President for three years in a row. Who knows, maybe she would've snatched her had Yuzu not come along, but she realized the blonde was far superior than anyone else she knew.  Mei may have been outstandingly beautiful and smart too, but she was nowhere the Guru Harumin wanted. Yuzu was all she could think about, even as much as she tried to deny it.  Her heart wanted to have something unreachable.

It was no use trying to run away from the obvious, despite her attempts at confessing to the blonde, who had still been oblivious to her romantic conquests. It was nearly a one sided wager,  as each saw their motives differently. What was friendship to one, may have been romance to another.

 What was friendship to one, may have been romance to another

It wasn't like Harumin didn't try to get over Yuzu. She tried everything she could, but even getting herself a boyfriend didn't work. She became further obsessed with Yuzu ever since she discovered she way gay for Mei Aihara. What she felt wasn't a matter of simple feelings, it was a jumble of lust, passion and chaotic romance.  Even Matsuri tried to make her come clean, but it never worked. Harumin was simply too infatuated with Yuzu, she could barely keep her hands off her.  She simply didn't want Mei to have Yuzuichi. 

"Just what do you want Taniguchi?"  Stumbled up Mei, in an attempt to keep herself up from losing balance as she quickly stood up from the couch, trying to keep herself straight-up from falling back down onto the soft, couch. Her blood pressure was beginning to get high from impatience and suspense,  as her mind wanted to know the truth.  "What I want, doesn't matter." Harumin admitted,  one hand in her thin pocket as she picked up her purple Guchi designer jacket in a swift motion. Mei scoffed at her remarks, as she grit her teeth in response. "It's what Yuzuichi wants, that matters." Taniguchi smiled, free from all devilish remarks, as she finally displayed some earnest honesty. "I'm taking my leave Prez." She sighed, stretching up from her comfy seat as she raised her arm, yawning in a twitch.

"Hold it" Mei motioned, still holding onto her arm in a desperate attempt to prevent her from leaving. "You have not answered me." She snapped, grinding her teeth like a snake holding onto her prey. She wasn't going to let her get away with one of the questions that bothered her most. "Answer me" Mei demanded, sinking her sharp nails into her arm without dignity. This time it was Harumin's turn to let her down. "That question is for you to figure out." She retorted, pulling her arm away as she broke off her strong grip. "I'm sure Yuzuichi won't have a problem explaining." She chuckled, further outraging Mei who couldn't tell whether she was honest or simply bluffing. She didn't like the look in her eyes, as it was hard to tell whether she was actually being truthful or not.