Chapter 4

Rosa p.o.v

We reach the mall and start shopping. I use my credit card for half the stuff and Nathan's for the other half sky told me his pin in the car. I brought some clothes, a mobile phone, some soaps, body wash, etc and a new laptop since my dad broke mine a year ago but luckly I saved my data to a pen drive. Sky brought a lot more stuff then I did over lunch we talked about our interests and hobbies we seem to have bonded fast. Since I've not a a phone for a while cuz my dad solded mine god knows why Sky helped me set up and gave me her number. But the whole time I felt like we were been watched. My mind starts to wonder Oh no not again

---Flashback---

(6 year old Rosa)

Locked in my room again,
my daddy is drinking again,
My mommy went to heaven
My door started banging with my daddy yelling from the other side mommy told me to hide and hide well when he's like that so I hid under my bed as the door came flying open.

Henry Taylor - where are you little brat!?

---end of flashback---

Am brought out of my throughts buy a hand on my arm making me jump.

Sky - it's ok Rosa it's me.

I look over to see a very worried Sky.

Sky - are you ok? You looked shocked

Rosa - it's nothing I just feel like we are being watched.

Ok that was a lie but she would think am crazy if I told her I was having a flashback from when my dad first starting hitting me. I notice she's looking around then looks back to me.

Sky - we should go now.

Rosa - what why?

Sky - you were right we are being watched.

She takes my hand and the bags and we get to the car when a black van comes near us so we throw the bags in the back side and jump in the car and two men come out the van and make their way over to us. Quickly putting on our seatbelts Sky looks the doors and starts up the car. The men get closer to the car but Sky speeds off onto the road. Looking back the men get back into the van and drive after us they do try to keep up but Sky is too good a driver and managed to outsmart them. We completely lost them by the time we got back to the mansion. After parking the car we get the bags from the back seat luckily nothing was breakable and the laptop was still in one piece. We went inside Howard, Nathan and Ethan were waiting but no sigh of that girl from earlier tho.

Nathan - what the hell happened?

Sky - we were being watched so had to get out of the fast.

Nathan - are you both ok?

His eyes fall onto mine but I quickly look away.

Sky - yeah we are ok. Now if you will excuse us we have some shopping to put away.

She takes my hand again and leads me up stairs once in my room she helps me put my new clothes into the wardrobe and other stuff I brought. After we are done Sky leaves to go see her brothers about something so i set up my laptop settings then go into my bag to take out my pen drive and insert it into the USB port. It loads up and I copy my data but I come across an old picture of my family from when I was 2/3 my eyes start to water as I see my mum holding me in her arms.

Rosa - oh mum I miss you so much

Theres a knock on my door so I quickly wipe my eyes

Rosa - come in

The door opens and in steps Nathan.

Nathan - hey can we talk for a min?

Rosa - yeah sure

Nathan comes in and sits on the bed I can feel his eyes one me.

Nathan - (deep breath) are you ok your eyes are all watery?

Rosa - am ok just miss my mum.

Nathan - i know the feeling is that a New laptop?

I hand him back his credit card I feel a spark when our hands touched I quickly moved my hand away.

Rosa - don't worry I used my own money for the laptop and phone.

Nathan - can i see it? Your phone I mean.

I hand him my phone and when he gives it back i see he has put his number in.

Nathan - so anyway I was wondering if maybe you would like to go on a date with me? I would like to get to know you better.

Did he just ask me out? Ok Rosa don't freak out.

Rosa - what about you girlfriend?

Oh fuck why did I just say that? Nathan gives out a little chuckle.

Nathan - Melissa is not my girlfriend I sent her away and told her not to come here again.

Rosa - is this some kind of trick?

Oh my god Rosa just the fuck up.

Nathan - I can see you are nerovus but I promise it's no trick I like you and wanna get to know you.

Nathan - so what do you say?

Why does he want to take me on a date? Maybe it's a joke? Or maybe he does act like me? I won't know unless I give him an answer.

Rosa - yeah sure I am a little hungry anyway and I would like tp get to know you as well.

Nathan - really?? Lets say 7 tonight?

Rosa - yeah.

We smile at each other for a few minutes then he stands up

Nathan - so I will leave you to get ready and I will see you later.

I nervously nod then he walks out the room leaving me with my throughs oh my god did I really just accept a date from Nathan Black the mafia king?  oh god I must be mad but he can't be as bad as the stories say right? I should give him a chance but what if its a joke or a bet? Well I guess I will find out tonigh. I look back to the my laptop and it's done copying. So I go for a shower and get redy for my date with Nathan.