Author's Note

Dear readers,

Welcome back to the hellhole you decided you still wanted to walk back into after the first book, grab a seat because not only do we have refreshments but also a buttload of angst, fluff, and moments in which I will prove to you that I'm the most sadistic writer you'll ever meet.

If you've read the last Author's Note in Love Arranged before you decided to jump right into this sequel, you would know that this sequel took a lot of guts for me to post, mainly because I had a lot of doubts about whether or not I still wanted to prolong their story.

But then I thought, you know what? What the heck, it would be an injustice to myself if I didn't write this sequel just because of momentary doubt and fear.

That's why I present to you all Love & Ruins, the sequel, and if you're wondering yes, the sequel will be just as chaotic as the first book. If not, maybe ten times worse.

But before you proceed, I just want to establish some disclaimers and warn you that this book will include sensitive topics such as generational trauma, abuse, violence, and cheating. Much like the first book, this isn't a love story. All of the books in the trilogy ARE NOT ROMANCE STORIES

I'm still quite unsure how many chapters this book is going to have, unlike LA which I knew since the beginning was going to have 67 chapters which is a lot, and after having finished writing that book, I swore not to write anything with the same amount again.

Nope, I love myself way too much to put myself through another mental torture like that one so just - yeah, no, never again.

I'm planning to have this one maybe near forty to or fifty chapters maximum, or maybe less, because there will be the third book after this one and I know for a fact, like deep in my belly, that one isn't going to take long unlike the first one.

Now for further clarification, this book is set THREE years after the ending of Love Arranged, meaning Evan will be 21 in this book and Maggie will be 20 years old.

I don't wanna spoil you guys any more details so I suggest just moving on with the story and reading what happens next, and to be aware that this book will be extremely angsty and dramatic.

Despite being adults Maggie and Evan will still be Maggie and Evan and their circumstances affect their way of thinking much like the average human being, so please, as annoying as they will be, sympathize with their problems and try to put yourself in their shoes. Immerse yourself in their story completely and not just analyze it from a third-person point of view.

All with that being said, I hope you guys are ready to suffer with me throughout the book because even though I am the author, sometimes things are also out of my control.

That's how real Maggie and Evan are as characters so if shit hits the fan, blame them, not me.

I hope you guys enjoy it!