Chp 1 - The Letter

The dimly lit room was eerily silence except for the occasional sloshing of wine against the glass and the faint voice of the news anchor from the tv. The hall was magnificent and modern to say the least . Though the furnitures were new and pristine it had a homely feeling to it with all the frames that adorned the mantle and the walls. One particular frame was of a man in his mid twenties with blonde almost silver hairs and a women , the same age as the man, with bushy brown hairs which were tied in a pony tail , both laughing as if they were having the time of their life with a roaring waterfall behind them . Exactly opposite the frame was a black leather sofa and perched on it was the man from the frame holding the wine glass .

    Draco Malfoy was bored , annoyed , and feeling miserable . He had tried to enjoy his Sunday evening by watching the muggle contraption , TV , but he hasn't yet gotten the hang of how to change the moving pictures and so he was stuck watching the two mens bickering over merlin knows what . Maybe he should have taken up the offer of a quidditch match and dinner with the Potter and Weasley clan , Draco thought glumly .

What had his girlfriend told him when Draco had tried to stopped her from going or atleast let him tag along with her  "Draco stop acting like a drama queen , its just a few hours ( complete with an eye roll) ".Well it wasn't his fault he was feeling like this , he thought glumly , all he had wanted was to spend the sunday evening with his arms around his tiny witch huddled up in a blanket on this comfy sofa eating those popcorns and watching a movie or maybe reading .

No it wasn't his fault , Draco assured himself while he glared at the bloody letter lying in front of him on the glass table . It was definitely the letters fault.
It was the letters fault , Hermione wasn't beside her but at a restaurant attending a family reunion . Though Draco was sure Hermione herself wouldn't be much enjoying herself . Nahh!!! definitely not , if everything he had heard about her family was true . According to Hermione , her relatives weren't any less then a prejudice pureblood family minus the honour .

The letter had turned up two weeks prior in their letter box along with a note from Hermione's mom , Jane , stating she had tried all she could but her Aunt was adamant that she and the others wanted to meet her 'lovely niece' after being away for so many years . Hermione was not happy after reading the letter . She didn't wanted to go to the "Bloody Reunion" and seeing that she rarely curses Draco was amused . But it was two weeks back . Now Draco scolded himself for not burning the letter the moment he took it out of the letter box . He now picked the letter and started reading it -

Dear Hermione Granger (soon to be Malfoy , he thought with a smile) ,

Its been ages since you last attended the Granger reunion . I assured you if you are self conscious about what your family will think about you , you don't have to worry we won't judge you for your low job or your lack of , if that what the case is (Draco snorted, The Hermione Granger unemployed?! As if !!). After all we are family . And if thats not the case I am sure no job is more important , demanding or not , than meeting your family after being away for 10 years .

So  as this year your uncle Tylor and I are hosting the reunion , I am inviting you to the Granger Family Reunion which will be held on 22nd March , Sunday , at the 'Serpent's Dungeon' restaurant from 5 pm onwards . We all will be waiting for you . The dress code is formal and its a well known restaurant so dress accordingly . Plzz don't disappoint us !

Yours lovingly ,
Aunt Margaret .

Draco frowned after reading the letter , no doubt Hermione was angry after reading the letter . He himself was annoyed . He didn't liked this Aunt Margaret whoever she was . The tone in which she has written the letter . Hermione hadn't let him read the letter and now he realized why , he was furious . No one gets to taunt His witch like that . He will show them just how much beautiful , intelligent and amazing Hermione was .

Draco smirked , they were at his restaurant , the very first in his long chain of restaurants . Hermione and Theo had help him opened  Malfoy inc. in the muggle world . It had been a spurred of a moment decision.  After visiting McDonald's for the first time with Hermione , Draco has decided he wanted to open a franchise just like it and make a name in the muggle world . And he had , though it had taken months and many visits to the ministry for permission and hour long lectures about different muggle contraptions . But it had all paid off . And Draco actually loved running a company , being incharged , giving orders , making decisions and having some fun on his office desk with Hermione . But this restaurant was closed to his heart as it was where Draco had taken Hermione on their first date , took him a lot of courage for that .

Back on track , Draco could crash the reunion with no interruptions that wasn't a problem.  The problem was his tiny witch . It was risky . Hermione may get furious and hexed him to oblivion , but it would be worth it , Draco reassured himself . Yeah definitely worth it . Seeing that he wasn't enjoying his Sunday evening like Hermione has told him to and he was sure nor was she . Sure she would be angry , but she would understand after a little while .

With a final glance at the letter , Draco dropped the letter on the table along with his unfinished wine glass , changed into a suit , picked the car keys and was out of the door within minutes

_________________________________________

DISCLAIMER :  I don't own any of the Harry Potter characters or the Harry Potter world. All the credits goes to J.K.Rowling .

This is my first story and i know its not very different from all th other reunion stories but hey who cares!!!

Hope you enjoy the story .