FINALLY

They did it. They won. After 3 years, they finally won. They managed to get the butterfly and peacock miraculouses but Hawkmoth and Mayura somehow got away before the heroes could see who they were.

" Pound it!" The two heroes fist bump. It takes a second for the situation to sink in. Their miraculouses beep.

" We won. We got the miraculous back." Ladybug says slowly. They stare into each others eyes and grin. Beep. Suddenly, Chat Noir picks her up and spins her around. She squeals and wraps her arms around his neck. Beep. " WE WON!" He screams. Beep. They are too happy to notice their miraculouses running out of energy. As they are hugging, they detransform in front of everyone, including the media and the Ladyblogger. They pull away and look at each other.

"Adrien?"

"Marinette?" The bluenette looks around and finally notices everyone. She notices her best friend looking at her in shock. " We need to talk later because we just detransformed in front of all Paris and we have to talk to the media, including Alya. "

" You are right. Ten o' clock top of the Eiffel tower?" Adrien asks. " Sounds good. Now, let's go face the media," Marinette replies. They feed their kwamis and walk towards the people. Everyone around them is cheering , they have been since the fight ended but they were too wrapped up in their own little world to notice.

After an interview with Nadia and one with Alya for the Ladyblog, they go their separate ways. Alya walks together with Marinette to her house and talk about things that they couldn't talk about during the interview. All the way to the house, people stop them to thank Marinette for everything she has done and take pictures with her. The two friends stop out of the house and Marinette takes a deep breath. "You can do this. It's not like they can ground you or yell at you for saving Paris," her best friend tells her.

" But they can ground me for putting myself in a dangerous situations and sneaking out on MULTIPLE occasions."

" Yeah, I got nothing to say about that. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye, girl."

"Bye" says Marinette as she finds the courage to enter the front door and walk up the stairs. She finds her parents sitting on the couch anxiously waiting for her. 

"Marinette, thank god, you're okay. We were worried  about you," her dad tells her and hugs her, extremely tight. 

" Dad, I can't breathe." 

" Honey, why didn't you tell us that you are Ladybug?" Sabine asks her with a worried look on her face.

" I couldn't tell you guys. I am really sorry for lying to you and constantly sneaking out all this time. Adrien and I were ordered by the previous guardian of the miraculous to not tell anyone about our powers. Not to mention that, telling you could have possibly put you in danger. I totally understand if you are mad,"  explains their daughter. 

" We are not mad, Marinette. We are just worried about you," Tom says, " And we also are very proud of you. What you've been through these past three of years can't have been easy.  "

" Thank you, guys. I love you."

" We love you too, Marinette." Sabine says to her daughter.

" I am going to take a nap for a while because I am extremely tired. The fight was exhausting." 

"Of course, honey"

~~~~~~~~~~TIME SKIP ~~~~~~~~~~

Instead of sneaking out like she usually does, Marinette decides to tell her parents that she is going out.

" But isn't late to be going out, especially on a school night?" her dad asks her.

" Technically, yes but I usually go out around this time. You just didn't know it. "

" Okay, then. Tell Adrien that we are also proud of him for us. " 

" Will do. Bye, guys." She starts going upstairs to her room when her parents ask her why she is going to her room. Marinette tells them that she is going to transform and leave from her balcony."

~~~~~~~~~~TIME SKIP ~~~~~~~~~~

" Hello, kitty," Ladybug greets her partner as she sits next to him.

" Hi, LB."

" Spots off." " Claws in" Their kwamis fly out of their jewelries and sit next to them.

" Hi, Plagg it's nice to see you again."

" Hi."

"Hello, Tikki."

" Hi, Adrien"

" We all need to discuss what we are going to do next . I should be making this decision on my own since I am the guardian now but I don't want to . So, we have two options; 1. We keep our miraculous but put our families and friends at risk or 2. we give up our miraculous but risk not being able to protect our families and friends in case Hawkmoth or someone else decides to attack them."

"I don't want to give up Plagg."

" Me neither but we have to think a lot about this. What do you and Plagg think, Tikki?" Marinette asks the ladybug kwami. For the next thirty minutes the four of them discuss the matter at hand thoroughly. In the end, they reach the decision to keep their miraculouses. Not only  because they need to protect their loved ones  but also because they can't part with their kwamis.  The rest of the time they talk about how everything will change since all of Paris knows their identities and how to handle it. What they don't discuss is how things will change between them. They are both too scared to ask. They will just have to wait and see. 

As they are transformed and about to leave Ladybug turns to Chat Noir. 

" My parents wanted me to tell you that they are proud of you."

"Really?" 

" Have I ever lied to you, my kitty?"  Adrien smiles, remembering the time that he asked her that question.

"Good night, my lady.'

"Good night, Adrien. I'll see you tomorrow at school." 

" Prepare yourself for tons of questions , Princess."

"Please, don't remind me."