Chapter 2

"I'm cold and hungry and I just want to go home," Emma whined as she walked inside the classroom. Ruby walked next to her and laughed.

"We'll survive this last period. Just keep tonight's party in mind," Ruby said, trying to brighten Emma's mood and bringing up her party for the hundredth time that day.

Emma didn't know many people who were as excited about their birthday as Ruby, but she liked the brunette's enthusiasm.

"Don't worry, Rubes. I haven't forgotten your party since you last told me, five minutes ago." She playfully bumped her friend's shoulder and sat down.

Ruby took place next to her and grabbed the books from her bag. "Did you do the homework?"

Unlike what many people thought, Ruby was very motivated in school. She always did her homework and she never skipped school. People always assumed she didn't care for school and that her main interests were parties and alcohol, but school was always Ruby's priority. She wanted to excel in life and be able to leave Storybrooke after High School.

"I really, really wanted to, I'd even opened my books at home, but then I accidentally started rewatching Friends and gave up on homework," Emma replied.

Ruby chuckled and rolled her eyes. She sometimes worried about Emma's lack in motivation, but they barely talked about it. Emma's grades were fine, she knew that, and the blonde didn't work hard for her grades, so technically it was quite surprising what she managed to pull off in class.

She wanted to reply when the teacher entered their room. Ruby looked aside at her friend and noticed that Emma wasn't focusing on the teacher at all. The blonde had her eyes fixated on the brunette on the other side of the room, who was talking to the people around her.

"No, no, no.." Ruby muttered. She disliked the feud between Emma and Regina - though she had to admit that sometimes it was rather amusing - and she was worried what Emma had come up with this time.

Ruby looked at Regina, who was getting her books from her bag. She averted her eyes back to Emma and noticed a sly smirk on the blonde's face.

"What did you do?"

"Hm, you'll see," Emma replied and smiled brightly. "But she really deserves it after what she pulled off last week."

Ruby shook her head slowly and looked at the brunette. She waited in anticipation as to what was to come and heard Emma giggle softly. She was convinced this was going to be bad, although Regina should have been expecting some sort of revenge from Emma.

The previous week...

"I really don't want to sound annoying, but could you please move your lunch away. I can't stand the smell of peanut butter."

Emma rolled her eyes exaggerating as she looked at Regina, who was sitting with her friends at the other table.

"I can't stand the smell of peanut butter," she mockingly imitated and scoffed. "What a drama queen."

Ruby and Belle were seated next to her and Belle laid her hand upon Emma's arm. "You shouldn't let her get into your head so much. You waste more time planning practical jokes on her than you spend studying."

Emma shrugged. "I don't care, I hate that girl," Emma said and glanced once again at the brunette at the other table.

"I still think you two should stop this feud," Elsa interfered. She sat down next to Belle and looked at Emma.

"Agree, one day you'll actually get into trouble," Belle agreed and continued eating her salad. Emma shoved her chair back and pulled her bag up her shoulder.