Chapter 31

"Grandpa always gives us cookies whenever grandma isn't watching," Ashley whispered, causing Regina to chuckle. It was her first time meeting Emma's parents with Belle and Ashley nearby and she was somewhat nervous.

She eyed Emma who rolled her eyes playfully. They were waiting for Mary Margaret and David to open the door and Regina felt her hands sweat as she heard people approaching the door.

"Hi, honey!" The beaming smiles on Mary Margaret and David's faces as they embraced their daughter made her somewhat relaxed. They pulled her in a hug as well and Regina couldn't help but smile along with them.

"And my two favorite girls!" Mary Margaret said as she hugged her granddaughters. "How are you? Come on in."

Regina followed the others inside and when she entered the living room, she furrowed her eyebrows and cautiously stepped back. She looked at Emma, who seemed just as confused as she, but the blonde quickly shrugged and put on a smile.

"What are you doing here?" Regina asked the elderly couple that was seated at the table. They were in conversation with David, but broke it off.

"Well, honey. If luck would have it, I passed Mary Margaret in the grocery store this morning and she told me you two were meeting her here. Of course, we wouldn't reject that invitation."

Her mother smiled at her and then turned to Emma. She stood up and shook Emma's hand. "Hi, dear. I'm Cora Mills, Regina's mother. She's told me a lot about you."

Regina wanted to follow the conversation between her mother and girlfriend, but she felt someone tugging her sleeve. She looked down and saw Ashley smiling at her.

"Do you want to come outside and see the rabbits?" Regina looked briefly at her parents and then averted her eyes to Mary Margaret, who was still standing beside her.

"Would it be okay if I went outside with the children?" she softly asked her girlfriend's mother and Mary Margaret nodded.

"Of course," she replied and Regina smiled in gratitude. She looked for reassurance at Emma, who nodded as well, so she walked with the children to the backyard and chuckled as she saw them hurrying to the animals.

She and Emma had been together again for almost two weeks. The time that she didn't spend working, she spent with Emma.

Emma looked as her girlfriend followed the children outside. Her heart melted every time she saw Regina interacting with the children. It was just so pure.

"So, Emma, how are you?" Emma sat down at the table and looked at Cora Mills who seemed eager to get to know her. The blonde wondered how often Regina had brought someone home, but given the fact that this was the first time she actually met Regina's parents, she figured Regina liked to keep her parents away from her love life.

"I'm great," she replied in all honesty. She was great. Things with her and Regina were back on track again and the children seemed to love the brunette more with the day. She herself did, too.

Killian and she didn't have much contact anymore, except the usual catching up whenever one dropped off the children at the other's place. Killian still lived in her old apartment, but Emma knew things between him and Robin were steady and she wondered how long it would take for them to move in together.

She and Regina had avoided the topic of moving in together. Not that either of them felt the need to talk about it, it just never came up. Emma was perfectly content with how things bad been the past two weeks and it was almost as if the two months prior hadn't been there. It was like they'd never stopped dating and she valued those memories.