Chapter 32

Her hands trembled as she looked at herself in the mirror. She adjusted the white bow on her dress - one that she'd loved when she first saw it, but now thought was a bit too much.

Her hair flowed freely down her face and she had a white flower tucked in her blonde locks.

"No, I hate it," Emma grumbled and looked aside at her friend. "It's too much and it doesn't go with the rest."

"Then don't wear it," Ruby replied and already moved her hands to Emma's hair, but the woman immediately stepped back.

"No, that's not good either. Then it practically looks like I'm bald. And this bow is ridiculous. Why did I think it was pretty?" She was practically whining at this point and Ruby merely rolled her eyes before she put on a smile.

"Emma, you look-"

"Where is the veil? Do I still have it? I think I forgot to bring it. No, I definitely forgot it. Rubes, this wedding is going to be a disaster!"

Ruby put her hand on Emma's shoulder and shook her head. "Your veil is there on the table and you look stunning, Em. And given Regina, I don't think you'll have to wear this dress the entire day. If it were up to her you'd walk down the aisle naked," Ruby joked and despite her nerves, Emma chuckled softly.

"I need to confess something, Rubes," Emma said softly and looked at her friend with a frown. "I'm pretty nervous."

Ruby laughed and nodded. "I know, honey. You've made that clear," she said with a smile. "You don't have to be, though. You've been together for like forever. Why would you be nervous?"

Emma started pacing in the room and looked gritted her teeth. "I love her so much, Rubes, but what if she says no? She could say no. Actually, there's a fifty percent chance she's going to say no, because she can choose between yes and no. Maybe she doesn't want to marry me. We've only been together five years. What if she gets cold feet. I can't lose her, I love her. Rubes!"

Ruby stopped Emma from walking hastily through the room and she embraced her friend. "You've been together for five years, honey. You two love each other so much and I don't think I've ever seen two people more perfect for each other than you two."

Emma smiled at her friend and nodded slowly. "Thanks, Rubes."

"Mom!" The door to the room opened loudly and Belle and Ashley appeared in the gorgeous dresses. "Are you ready? Everyone's waiting for you," Belle said and looked at her mother. "You look stunning, mom. I love that dress."

"Thanks, honey." Emma kissed her daughters' cheeks and inhaled deeply. "I think I'm ready, yes. Where are my parents?"

"They're waiting for you in the hallway," Ashley said and smoothed her dress. The four of them walked to the hallway and Emma swallowed as the doors to the room where everything was about to happen opened.

Her daughters walked side by side down the aisle and smiled profusely. They threw flowers around and when they'd reached the end, they sat down on their chairs.

"You ready?" Mary Margaret asked her daughter and squeezed the blonde's arm softly. Emma had persuaded her parents into walking her down the aisle together.

"Yes, I am," she said and nodded confirming. She slowly stepped forward with both her parents by her side and gasped when she saw Regina standing next to Archie Hopper, who was to perform their wedding.

She looked magnificent.

Emma barely saw Regina wearing white, but she really pulled it off. She couldn't keep her eyes off Regina and it bothered her that she had to walk oh so slowly, because all she wanted in that moment was to be near Regina.