Chapter 20

"Thanks for the lovely date," Regina said. She and Emma were walking down the pavement toward her house.

After they'd reminisced about their time in High School, they'd started talking about their time after High School and everything they'd been up to.

Emma had loved their talk. The more Regina told about herself, the more she wanted to know. They'd stayed in the restaurant until closing time, but Emma still didn't want to leave Regina.

"You too," Emma said as they arrived by Regina's front door.

"Would you like to come in?" Regina offered, but Emma hesitated. She wanted more than anything to be with Regina, but she didn't know if she could leave Killian alone with the kids for much longer.

He was probably asleep, though, but she still felt some responsibility towards her daughters.

Plus, she didn't want this relationship to go too fast. She was a bit afraid that, if they rushed into this, everything would fall apart.

"Nothing has to happen," Regina said as she saw Emma doubting. Emma nodded slowly in response and smiled.

"Okay, but I can't stay too long. Killian needs to work tomorrow, so I'm watching the kids," Emma said and stepped on the stairs leading to Regina's front door.

She stopped walking when she and Regina were close and briefly glanced at the pair of plump lips near hers. Emma tucked a lock of raven hair behind Regina's ear and moved her body closed to Regina's, locking the woman between her and the door frame.

She just looked at Regina for a moment. She'd remembered every feature of Regina's face from when they were teens and used to threaten each other with a minimal amount of space between them.

The slight scar above her upper lip, the plump, dark lips that were slightly curled up, the long eyelashes that accentuated her beautiful brown eyes. Emma loved every detail of it.

"Kiss me," Regina whispered, too afraid to initiate it. Emma gladly obeyed the request and kissed Regina softly.

The excitement that ran through Emma's body every time she kissed Regina was almost unbearable. She remembered that from the first time she kissed Regina and enjoyed it just as much.

Their tongues found each other and Emma pulled Regina away by the door, before she kicked it close and pushed Regina against it.

Emma moaned as her hands slid over Regina's black dress. The kiss became more intense and heated with the second and Emma felt herself longing for more as her tongue twirled around Regina's.

She felt a wetness between her legs and squeezed her thighs together, trying to ignore it. She really wanted to be fucked by Regina. But she knew they couldn't. Not just yet. Even though they had already slept together, she knew it would be too much if they did it now.

Emma pulled back from their kiss and looked with dilated pupils at Regina. The woman's cheeks were red and she captured her lips once again for a short kiss.

"I don't want to rush anything, but I know that this won't lead to nothing if I don't leave," Emma said and breathed heavily. Regina nodded agreed.

"Yes, perhaps it's better if you go, then," she agreed. "But I'll talk to you soon."

Emma nodded, leaned in for a quick peck on the lips and smiled brightly. "Thanks for this amazing night. I can't wait for the next. If you'd like to go out on a next date, that is."

"Of course," Regina said and nodded with a broad smile. "I'd love to."

~~~~