Chapter 11

"How angry were your parents?" Belle looked intrigued at Emma as they stood by their lockers. Emma was putting some books in her bags and shrugged.

"Not too mad. They loved their vacation, I think that helped," Emma replied with a smile. "I'm not even grounded. They did go to Regina's house though, which is beyond stupid. Anyway, they apologized for my behavior, while I had to stand there. It was terribly awkward. Regina was there too."

Belle laughed softly as Emma zipped her bag close. The brunette cocked her head and observed Emma for a moment, causing the blonde to get uncomfortable.

"What?"

"All jokes aside.. do you like Regina? I mean, like her as in more than friends?" Belle asked with a serious tone and right at that moment Ruby joined their conversation.

"What are we talking about?" Ruby beamed and looked happily at her friends. She was glad the school day was almost over and was excited to get home and relax.

"Sshh, Ruby. You're ruining everything, go away," Belle scolded. She really wanted to know Emma's answer to the question and feared that with Ruby nearby, Emma wouldn't tell her.

"No, I don't," Emma replied. She'd acknowledged Ruby's presence with a smile, but decided to continue her and Belle's conversation.

"Really? I mean, the way you two look at each other sometimes.. it would make sense and I think you'd be very cute together," Belle continued.

"I still really don't like her. Especially not like that," Emma said. Ruby looked amused at the two talking, even though she had no idea who it was about. Though she figured Regina had something to do with it.

"Is it about Regina? I'm convinced you have some feelings toward her," Ruby said and exchanged a look with Belle.

Emma groaned and rolled her eyes. "I do not. Do I have to prove it or something?"

Before either brunette could reply, Emma walked away towards Killian Jones, who was the nearest person her age and at the moment it didn't matter to whom she'd talk.

He was with his friends, though, and that included Regina Mills. Emma tried her best to ignore the brunette that so evidently watched her, and focused on Killian.

"Killian, hi. Would you like to go out with me, say.. tomorrow three p.m.?" Emma questioned.

The boy looked bewildered at the blonde. They never spoke and he didn't know why she suddenly asked him out, but he curtly nodded.

"Uhm, sure," he replied, still confused, and Emma smiled broadly.

"Thanks. See you tomorrow at Granny's," Emma said and walked away, back to her friends.

Ruby and Belle looked confused at her and waited for an explanation of Emma's behavior. "Why did you do that?" Ruby asked. She knew they'd teased Emma a bit with Regina, but frankly, Emma could've expected it after her obsessing over the brunette for so long.

Emma shrugged. "To prove that I don't like Regina. If I'd liked her, I wouldn't have asked Killian out. There you have it," Emma said smugly and readjusted her bag, before she walked away from her friends.

Regina watched as Emma walked away from her friends. She felt beyond terrible. She knew that Emma didn't ask Killian out in front of her on purpose, but it still had been horrible to watch.

"Hey, Gina, are you alright?" Ivy looked concerned at her friend and Regina quickly nodded.

"Yes, yeah. I, uh.. I'm just going to the bathroom for a second. Excuse me, please," she said and walked away from the group of friends towards one of the bathrooms.