Chapter 4

"Regina Mills? Your ex lover?" Killian asked intrigued and Emma chuckled softly. She kissed her husband again and shook her head no.

"No, she definitely was not. We kissed.. twice, but one was to humiliate her and the other was accidental," Emma said and looked at her husband.

"Did you already eat? I have a plate with leftovers for you in the fridge, but I wasn't sure whether you were eating at the station or at home," Emma said and her husband kissed her lips, before she released the man.

"I ate at the station with Robin, the new partner," Killian responded and sat down on the couch. "But don't change the subject. What was up with you and Regina? I really thought you two were a thing in the past."

Emma sat down on the couch and bit her lower lip. She and Killian had never really talked about their past relationships. They'd been together quite some time and they hadn't been really interested in each other's previous partners.

But Emma now realized that Killian had been speculating - or thinking - about her previous boyfriends and girlfriends and she wondered whether they should've talked about it before.

"Regina and I didn't get along very well. Don't you remember all the pranks we pulled on each other?" Emma looked questioningly at her husband, who was trying to remember his time in High School again. "One of them was at Ruby's seventeenth birthday party. Regina had told everyone I was gay, so I told everyone she was my girlfriend. She lied, so I got her back for that."

Killian laughed softly and nodded. "I remember, now," he said. "That was when you kissed her. But you hated her, so why did you kiss the other time?"

Emma shrugged. She didn't really know the answer to that question, because that moment was quite a haze to her. She only remembered the brunette's lips against hers and their tongues sweeping across each other, but she'd forgotten why they'd kissed.

"Regina and I actually used to be good friends," Killian said, breaking the short silence. "It was near the end of High School that we barely spoke anymore. I think when you and I started dating," he added, trying to remember the facts as good as possible.

"That actually doesn't surprise me. Like I said, we didn't like each other," Emma said.

Killian looked at the clock and stepped back. "I'll put Belle and Ashley to bed and tell them we've decided they can't watch TV for the week."

He stood up and walked in the direction of his daughters' room. Emma sighed softly and turned around to look out of the window. The couch was placed underneath the window and it gave her a perfect view over Regina's garden, which she hadn't noticed until now.

She barely took the time to look out the window, but the moments Killian were home, she could finally relax.

Killian worked long days at the police station and even though Emma often worried about the dangers that came with police work, she knew her husband loved his job and she was glad he did something he liked.

Emma herself was a teacher and Storybrooke's Primary School. She taught first grade and got along great with her colleagues. She liked her job. She'd always wanted to do something with children and she loved teaching them.

She wondered what Regina did for a living now. She assumed the woman was rich, given her house, but she wondered what job would make you that wealthy in Storybrooke.

Emma grabbed her phone and saw that she had a couple of unread messages. They were all from Ruby, asking her to come to the bar together with Belle.

Her two best friends from High School hadn't left Storybrooke either. The three of them had all gone to college outside of Storybrooke, but they'd also returned.