Chapter 8

Her eyes shifted between the girls once more and she sighed softly. Frankly, she had no desire to call the girls' parents, but she knew she had to.

"Please, just.. call my parents. I was the one who ruined it and shouldn't Miss Perfect over there get credits for not taking it too far?"

Belfrey looked rather confused at the blonde. She probably wouldn't understand the relationship between these two. Ever.

Emma was defending Regina, yet mocking her doing so. People said they hated each other, yet the way they behaved around each other spoke differently.

She admired the way Emma came up for Regina and she decided to give in. Regina still seemed weirdly quiet and Belfrey decided she'd have a small talk with Regina afterwards.

"Okay, I won't call Regina's parents, as long as you both promise not to do this again."

They both curtly nodded, so Mrs. Belfrey nodded satisfied. "If I see one more prank, it won't stay with a talk with the parents," she said sternly. "Dismissed."

Both Emma and Regina quickly stood up. Emma was first to arrive at the door and right when Regina wanted to leave Belfrey cleared her throat.

"Regina?"

The brunette stopped walking and turned around. "Yeah?"

"I'd like to talk with you alone, for a moment."

Regina already felt quite uncomfortable, but knowing she had to have a talk alone with the headmistress of the school actually made her feel stressed.

"Don't be nervous, it's nothing bad," Mrs. Belfrey said, trying to calm the brunette.

Regina sat down and waited for what was to come. She had no idea why she'd been asked to stay longer and she wondered what could be so important that the boss of the school had to talk to her about it.

"How are you?"

Regina looked slightly confused at the woman. She didn't know where this question was coming from and she didn't know the answer to this question either.

"I, uhm.. fine," she replied with a smile and tried to calm herself.

"As the principal of this school, I try to keep an eye on all of my students. Sometimes people that stand out, like you and Emma with your practical jokes, get more attention that others. And when there's a sudden change in their behavior, I want to know if everything is going okay with them."

Regina furrowed her eyebrows and pursed her lips together. She didn't know other people noticed her difference in behavior. She'd tried to act as casually as possible, but apparently, she wasn't as good at that as she thought she was.

"Ever since the last prank, I noticed it and that's why I put an end to these jokes. I feared you maybe didn't want to tell Emma yourself that you didn't feel comfortable with these jokes."

"I.." Regina didn't feel like confessing everything that was bothering her to the headmistress, so she kept her mouth shut.

She loved the pranks between her and Emma. She loved their feud, mainly because it wasn't so serious. It maybe looked serious at times, but no matter how many times she repeated it, she couldn't hate Emma Swan.

And ever since the party, those feelings had only been confirmed.

Regina had never seen her feelings toward Emma as a crush. She'd always thought it was the excitement of the pranks that made her so happy every time she saw the blonde's face.

But after the party, after Emma had introduced her to everyone as her girlfriend, she realized that was what she wanted, and not just fake.

She'd tried her best to convince everyone they weren't together, because it would be too painful for everyone to think they were a couple, but not actually be one.