00| the beginning

♚♔♚♔♚

♚♔♚♔♚

A warm breeze flew through the air blowing my hair softly in the summer winds. I walked through the clearing looking at the new surrounding in awe. The unfamiliar sites brought a spark of interest in me. Many of the buildings and shops were not what my old town consisted of. Everything here seemed so prestige and fancy. A feeling of anxiousness overtook me as I wondered if I would be accepted here. Just by looking around, I could tell that it would take me a while to get used to this unknown place and even a longer time to fit in.

A couple of feet away stood a large, wide oak tree that glistened in the sunlight casting a shadow on the ground. I slowly walked through the clearing and sat under the tree with my eyes closed while listening to my surroundings.

Birds chirped, leaves rustled, dogs barked, and kids laughed all at a distance.

At that moment I felt calm, free of all the emotions that were tearing me down from the inside out. The lines on my head vanished as I let myself feel the air. No longer was I worried about my family problems or anxious about beginning college. I felt free of those overbearing weights.

Time passed by so rapidly that I had not even noticed the sun go down and the moonlight shine in the dark night sky. Quickly getting up, I ran out of the clearing and hurried to the direction of the dormitory while mentally screaming at myself. How could I have allowed that much time to pass before noticing how late it had gotten? I rush out of the clearing and onto the sidewalk to my dormitory building.

The dormitory building that I had been put in does not contain many students as it is one of the smaller ones though I did not mind it in the slightest. The best part about it is that I was able to get a room for myself which for an anti-social girl like me is a huge relief. I have always struggled to communicate with others and make friends unlike my sister. Step sister.

It was one of the reasons why she was always adored by those around her, though how could I blame them. Not only was she gorgeous but she was really intelligent. I truly did admire her but there was still resentment in my heart towards her.

She was the image of the girl I could never be.

Beside her I was nothing.

While my stepsister got a full scholarship here, I didn't. The proud look in my father's eyes was unbearable to witness as I knew it was a look that I would not receive. And I was right.

That was the day I felt lost. I felt sad.

Everywhere I went I heard only of my step sister. She was slowly overshadowing me.

My stepmother couldn't stop telling my other family members what Bree had accomplished and they were all so proud. I have always wished that I could make my family proud but I was never able to no matter how hard I tried. I would stay up to study late at night to get better grades though I still got lower grades than Bree. There were many times where I felt like giving up but I held on to my hope. Hope was the only thing that kept me going.