Chapter 34: Mission Failed!

Sydney's POV

I stared at the wall clock inside my office. I've been feeling a little dizzy from reading the reports of our company. Pakiramdam ko nga parang mabibiyak na ang ulo ko sa kakaisip ng mga numero at figures. I need to learn all those things, to help me someday but I think I was pressuring myself too much. I decided to take a break to relax myself and just breathe some air.

I told Dad that I'm taking the afternoon off and he allowed me. I called Yssa to see if she can accompany me. Feeling ko kasi masyado akong stressed and tensed these days. Habang papalapit ang araw ng kasal namin ni Justin ay lalo rin akong kinakabahan. Dumagdag pa yung pressure sa company kasi malapit nang itransfer ni Dad sa akin ang management. And I can't fail nor disappoint him. Unfortunately for Yssa, she can't go with me today cause she has a prior commitment. So I decided to go the mall all by myself.

Hindi ako mahilig mag spa but for this day, I wanted to take off all my worries. I just wanted to clear my head so I decided to have a foot spa and also some pedicure and manicure. While they were doing my pedicure, I suddenly drift off to sleep. It wasn't that long though.

Pagkatapos ko doon sa spa ay pumunta ako sa department store. Hindi ako mahilig mag shopping at mamili ng kung ano-ano, but again, today is an exception.

Pumili ako ng tatlong dress. Yung isa kulay baby pink na tube at hapit sa katawan. The other one is color beige, it's an off shoulder, ending just above the knee. It has ruffles on the chest part. I like it. The third one is sunshine yellow. It's a floral, spaghetti strapped dress ending above the knee.  It's so comfortable to wear. Pagkatapos ko doon ay nagbayad na ako at umalis bago pa man ako magsisi sa pagbili ng mga ito.

Habang naglilibot, nakaramdam ako ng gutom kaya naman nagdecide ako na kumain sa isang french restaurant na nakita ko. I was about to enter the said restaurant when a guy caught my attention. Hindi ako maaaring magkamali. Kahit nakatalikod ito sa akin ay kilalang kilala ko ito. That broad shoulders, and that familiar hairstyle. He was happily eating and he's not alone.

I glanced at the woman in front of him. She was smiling all ears as she was listening to him talk. She's beautiful, she actually looks like a model. Her body is slender, she has that blonde wavy shoulder length hair. She wears light make up that really complimented her face and enhanced her beauty. I felt betrayed and hurt. Instead of eating, I just went straight to home and locked myself in our room. Feeling ko tuluyan na akong magkakasakit sa nakita ko. I was feeling so bad that I fell asleep.

Nagising ako bandang alas nuwebe nang marinig ko ang pagbukas ng pinto. My heart was hammering too fast. I don't know how to face him tonight after seeing him with another woman. I heard him ask Yaya Thelma about me.

"Yaya, andito na po ba si Sky?"

"Opo Sir. Kanina pa po siya umuwi. Masama po yata ang pakiramdam. Dumiretso po sa kwarto niyo eh."

"Sige po, thank you. I'll just check on her."

The door suddenly opened and I was left with no resort but to pretend that I was sleeping.

I heard his footsteps getting nearer. Then he sat beside me and put his hand on my forehead. I heard him sigh.

"Hey, baby. Wake up. Are you alright? Ang init mo."

I feel like I was delirious. I opened my eyes and saw his worried face.

"Did you eat baby?"

I just shook my head. I don't have the energy to talk.

"Come on, upo ka muna babe. Kukuha lang ako ng bimpo at palanggana. I'll also get you some food and medicine."

Pinilit kong bumangon kahit pa pakiramdam ko ay nanghihina ang katawan ko. Sumandal ako sa headboard ng kama habang hinihintay si Justin na bumalik.