An Old friend

Emily's POV.

"It's 8:00 a.m. William didn't show up yet and while I'm waiting, I prepared some documents for him to review. An hour later William came in, so I stood up to say hi."

William (walking fast to his office): No time for greetings Emily, all you have to do is make me some tea. 

Don't you want to have a cup of coffee?

William (During close his office door): I don't, yesterday your coffee was shit!

"Later, I entered his office carrying a cup of tea on a tray. He was sitting on the sofa covering his face with his hands, in pain."

Here is your tea,  Are you okay, sir?  

William (with a very deep voice) No, I'm not okay; I have a headache, put it down and fuck off. 

(Closing the door behind me while I'm leaving)Okay sir, sorry for bothering you. 

"Few hours later he comes out from his office to use the rest room. He finds out that I'm eating a homemade sandwich on my disk."

William (Pointing at my sandwich with widened eyes): What is this, Emily?

I'm having my lunch, sir.

William (his face getting red): I told you yesterday to eat in the cafeteria. Correct me if I am wrong. (trying to not meet his eyes with mine)

Yes you did sir, but I don't like eating without paying, so, I decided to make my own lunch. 

"William grabs the sandwich from my hand aggressively and throws it from the window. The plate dropped to the ground, shattering and breaking into tiny pieces."

"I freeze in shock, gasping."

William (fury swam in his eyes and threatened to come out of his hands): Go down to the ground floor and eat at the cafeteria and don't pay. Am I clear?  And don't do this again.

"Tears come down my face without answering him. He goes to the bathroom and when he comes back, he found me cleaning the miss that he did, not following what he ordered me."

William (his face burned with rage and his eyes were dark with danger) Emily! GO fucking down and have your lunch!

(I walked backward until I hit the wall)I had my lunch, sir, the other half of the sandwich that you threw from the window.

William (burring his head into his hands): Are you going to make me nuts? Go downstairs and have lunch this is an order! Don't let me repeat myself again.

(Disgust was the only thing in my eyes) Okay sir. 

"I go downstairs to the ground floor, to have lunch at the cafeteria, but I pay for what I ordered of food. The manager of the cafeteria was a rat, he calls William to tell him that I paid. So he comes downstairs to make a point."

William (with fury burned in his eyes) what did I tell you in the office.

Not to pay for what I eat.

William (pointing at my lunch and the receipt): And what did you do? 

I paid. 

"William's jaw dropped open; He grabbed the tray with the lunch on it and put it in the trash. I kicked him away. But he didn't move. He grabbed my wrist, digging his fingers into my skin."

William (glaring at me): Why did you pay?

(Pain flashed through my eyes but I covered it up and tried to remove my wrest out of his grasp but I couldn't): sir, you're hurting me, leave my wrest.

"(The elevator's door open) he smashed the button that leads to his office. His foot tapped on the tiled floor as the elevator moved up. (The elevator's door open) he ran out of there not leaving my arm heading to his office. He opens the door and dashed in leading me there."

William (hitting the wall few times before looking at me): Are you crazy? (Snatched out my wrest out of his grip)

(Touching my wrest in pain) No, I think you are the crazy one in this room. 

William (shouted): Watch your tone, Emily.

I'm not going to watch it, I quit, I don't want to work with you anymore.

William (let out a sob and tears dripped down his face): What? Are you serious?

(My wrist slowly becoming red, leaving a bruise) Of course I am, you are a horrible human being. Being near you is not safe.

William (knowing that he had already done too much damage): Wait a second, Emily, don't do that, please, it's a bad decision. 

Working with you is the bad decision; you should visit a doctor because I'm sure that you have Schizophrenia.

William (repent hardly, begging for a forgiveness) Emily! Emily! (He closed his eyes and leant his head against the wall)

"A tear slipped down my face when I left the company. Without a hint for where should I go or what should I do. At that moment someone came from nowhere and hugged me tightly."

(Pushing him away): Get away from me you bastard.

The man (pointing at his face using two index fingers): It's me Eric.

(Hugging him again) You scared the hell out of me, Eric. It's been a while since I saw you. Nine years to be exact.

Eric (staring at my face blankly): Yeah. You're still pretty as you were.

(Using my hand to make his hair miss) At least one of us is.

Eric (looking around at the street and buildings): What are you doing here?

I just lost my job; do you know someone looking for an assistant?

Eric (gripping my hand): I do, in my company.

(Trying to keep up with his steps) Really? You have your own company now? 

Eric (walking me to his company, eyeing me not the road) Yes. I'm a business owner now.

"We walk to his company; it's in front of William's company. While we walking to his office, every employee we faced stands to greet Eric, till we entered his office."

"And while chatting, the HR manager comes to our office because Eric called her earlier. "

Eric (Pointing at me): Listen Amanda, this is Emily, she is my best friend, give her a desk as my personal assistant and give her a good salary. I want her to come and leave anytime she wants, is that clear?  

Amanda (confusion look at her face for what he asked her): Off course Mister Eric, but what about Suzy your personal assistant? 

Eric (checking his emails not minding Amanda's presence): Move her to anywhere, I don't care. I don't want anyone in this floor but Emily. 

Amanda (stepping back few steps leaving the office) Okay sir, everything will be done by tomorrow morning.

(Walking toward Eric to speak in a low voice don't want Suzy to hear us) No need to move Suzy from here, I can work in any position in, in any floor.

Erik (giving me a comfortable look): I know what I'm doing darling. I need someone I trust in this floor, Suzy is not trustworthy or loyal; she will sell me for the highest buyer faster than you would imagine. 

(Thinking of what Suzy can do to my best friend) As you want.

Eric (standing from his chair and wearing his jacket): are you hungry? 

(touching my Billy) I'm starving because a stupid guy just threw my lunch out of the window.

Eric (taking my hand leading me out of his office) I'm going to kick that guy's ass. After we solve your starving issue.

(Taking his hand while we leaving his company) No need to do that, I will kick his ass myself. 

Eric (pointing to William's company): The owner of this company is my enemy. His presence never failed to annoy me.

William is the man who threw my lunch from the window.

Eric (Starts walking to William's company, then he started unbuttoning his shirt) Are you sure? His ass will be beaten in few minutes that son of bitch.

(Holding his arm and trying to drag him back) He's not worth it, Eric, please.

"After convincing him not to harm William. We finally walked toward the restaurant."

William (using his explaining face): Before we go in, I'm the one who will pay, conceder it a date.

(I gulped, whispering) Speaking about dates how is your wife? 

Eric (Opining the restaurant door for me):  She is amazing, you should meet her. 

(I looked into his eyes and chuckled humorlessly) Maybe I will, there's a high chance of world war III if she knows about our old friendship.

Eric: You mean jealous, right? Don't worry; meeting her to you will not make my life worse. She will accept it eventually. 

(Closed my eyes to think, I nodded then cracked a smile) okay, I can meet her.

Eric (grabbed my hand and held it): Perfect. 

"The owner of the restaurant was waiting at the heck in point to greet us."

The owner (shaking Eric's hand): good evening Mister Eric, your table is ready and your regular meal will be ready in ten minutes.  (Raising his hand to shake me) it's a pleasure to have you in my restaurant miss. (Kissing my hand in a gently and softly way) let me lead you to your table.