Chapter Seventeen

Next morning I woke up very excited because I have a new job in new city, I took a warm shower and wore a bodycon dress, I don't wear it to attract people, I wear it because I don't have any other thing to wear, I should go with Maia to buy new clothes.

I go downstairs to meet Alexander and have breakfast with him before leaving to the company.

Alexander: holly molly, you are amazing Emily, seeing you every day will make my life better.

Thank you.

Alexander: No, I should thank you for what you are wearing today.

Is it too much? I can change it.

Alexander: No please don't, let me live the moment.

Could you please stop, I feel uncomfortable because of your comments.

Alexander: okay.

Away from your silly comments, what do we have for breakfast?

Alexander: we should ask Benjamin to figure it out.

Benjamin: good morning miss Emily, good morning Mister Alexander, the breakfast will be on table in 5 minutes, spinach, sliced mushrooms, Swiss cheese, bacon and tomatoes.

It sounds delicious Benjamin, thank you.

After having a breakfast Alexander and we are in his car heading to the company.

What kind of work should I do Alexander.

Alexander: Nothing much, all you have to do is be beside me when I have meetings and write notes.

That's it, do I have to type documents or make coffee for you?

Alexander: I have people to do such thing,you don't have to do that.

Perfect, this is better than my last job.

Alexander: you will like working with me Emily for sure.

You will not regret hiring me.

Alexander: I'm not going to regret if you keep wearing like this.

Keep commenting like this and I will regret for working with you.

Alexander: It was a joke, sorry.

A silly one, how many meetings do we have today.

Alexander: I don't know, I will check my schedule when I arrive to my office.

Okay, I need a copy of it to inform you when you have meetings.

Alexander: Good, I will send it to your email when we arrive.

Maia's POV.

I just woke up, it's ten in the morning I asked Benjamin to prepare breakfast for me and I put my self in the bathtub.

While I'm relaxing in the bathtub Benjamin sent me a massage that breakfast is ready. So I put the rob on me and went downstairs to eat.

Tell me Benjamin how old is Alexander?

Benjamin: thirty one.

Is he single?

Benjamin: yes he is, he was never in a relationship before.

Really?

Benjamin: yes, he is a homey guy, he invites girls to this house, but he never goes on a date with anyone. If you don't mind my question, why are you asking?

It's just a curiousity nothing else, I'm going to search for a job today, do you have any suggestions?

Benjamin: actually I have, few days ago while I'm browsing magazines I found in one of them that there is a fashion agency looking for someone to hire. I'm going to bring the magazine to give you the address enjoy your breakfast till I get back.

You are so kind Benjamin.

Benjamin: I love helping people.

After breakfast I went to the fashion agency, which Benjamin told me about, they have a huge building, after entering the building I asked about the manager, the manager is an old lady, she looks nice and elegant her name is Karneebih.

I entered her office after knocking to introduce my self.

Good afternoon miss Karneebih.

Karneebih: Hello lady.

My name is Maia and I'm here looking for a job.

Karneebih: you are in the right place, do you have any experience about selling dresses.

To be honest, I don't have any experience, sorry.

Karneebih: no need to be sorry, I like you already, this is better than the experience for me.

Really! Are you Sure? I think I'm dreaming at the moment.

Karneebih: You are not dreaming, I'm going to tell my assistant to show you the place and introduce you to your new colleagues.

I really appreciate that, you are the best miss Karneebih.

No need to use titles honey, Karneebih will be enough.

Karneebih's assistant gave me a tour in the company, and when we finished we went back to the office.

Karneebih: did you like the company darling.

Yes, I love it, but I didn't know what is my role exactly.

Karneebih: first off you will help the sales ladies by selling our products and in few months I will give you a push to get a promotion.

I really appreciate that.

Karneebih: don't mention it Maia, you can start tomorrow morning, and by the way you can have five dresses for free and any extra dress with 50% discount.

Oh my God, I can't wait to tell my best friend about that, she will not believe me. I don't believe it myself.

Karneebih: Show her the contract Maia and she will believe you for sure.

Can I hug you.

Karneebih: yes you can, but don't use to do it.

I got out of the company with the contract heading home to surprise Emily, it's 4:00 pm, I'm sure she is at home now.

I entered her room and she was a sleep,I woke her up.

Emily I got a job! wake up!

Emily: Really?! that fast?.

Yeah, and I signed a contract take a look.

Emily: oh my god I'm so happy for you Maia we should celebrate, I'm inviting you to dinner tonight in a fancy restaurant.

We don't have money for that.

Emily: don't worry, I have some, I'm going to tell Alexander.