1

《︎𝘊𝘩𝘭𝘰𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝》︎

Sweat, alcohol, and lots of dancing.

You know what that equals? A Bomont Party. Sounds like a blast to most, but not to me. I blame that on my roots, you see I come from a line a goody two shoes.

Let's start with my mother, she's dead. But before she passed she was a nurse and leader of the board in our community. She was very intelligent, or so I thought. Turns out her smarts went out the window when she married my stepdad, Roger Dunbar. He is the principal of my high school and let's just say my older sister and I don't have too many friends because of it. I guess they are scared that I'll tell him where they hide their drugs.

As if being the stepdaughter of the most annoying man in town I also became the step sister of one of the most popular girls in school, or so I've been told.

Lacy Dunbar. The golden girl. The one I get compared to 24/7. Although it is annoying, she is very nice to me. Even when others weren't.

The only true friend I have is Bobby. His dad's a pastor. So the fact that him and Lacy drug me to this stupid party makes me mad. I don't drink like most teenagers. I do love to dance though, that's the only reason why I agreed to it. In fact that's what we are doing right now.

I was dancing in a less crowded area. Bobby, Lacy, and their friends were in a larger crowd. I was a little tipsy because I got fruit punch earlier but it was spiked. Lucky me. I've never had alcohol so the few sips of that cup got to me real quick. But I threw it away since I didn't enjoy it and I had no desire to get drunk.

"Hey Clover," Clover is my nickname that was given to me by Lacy. She's got the whole town calling me that now. "We're about to leave."

"But we just got here, Bobby. And I was finally enjoying myself!" I yell over the loud music.

Lacy rolled her eyes. "Come on, we are bored." I was about to give in but I heard our favorite song come on.

"Footloose! Come on we have to dance to it!!" I yell excitedly before running into the crowd of people. Bobby and his friends come over and Bobby grabbed my arm.

"Come on Clover, this is your last chance! We are ready to go." He yelled at me as I danced to the music.

"Ready to go what? Hook up with my sister?" I yell obnoxiously as I continue dancing.

"Dad is going to kill you." Lacy says placing her arm around Bobby.

"Actually he's going to kill you. I don't even know why you dragged me here in the first place."

She rolls her drunk eyes."Sorry we just wanted you to live a little." I glare at my step sister and walk towards her.

"You know what-" I get cut off by Bobby.

"Quit trying to argue with us and just get in the car so we can go." I stare at him for a few seconds before I shake my head.

"Forget it. I'll walk before I get back in a car with you." And with that I walked away.

"Whatever Jenkins. Good luck getting a ride home." Bobby's friend says as he drags them and the rest of their crew away. I huff and walk over to a bench near the dance floor.

Roger is going to kill me if he finds out I drank. The smell of the alcohol around me started to make me nauseous. Oh crap, Bobby's driving drunk and Lacy is with him. Maybe one of his friends stayed sober.

I ran home. When I got there I climbed back in through my bedroom window. I change out of my clothes and get into bed but before I can go to sleep, Roger busts in.

Always invading my privacy.

"Clover! Get up, something has happened." I furrow my brows and sit up.

"What is it? What happened?" I see Roger's face drop.

"I-It's Lacy and Bobby..."

Oh no...