30 - Coffee

Ally's P.O.V

"Stupid stupid stupid!"

It was a little after 11 pm and I was currently making my way to BigHit. Why may you ask? Well, I left my stupid phone. That's why.

I quickly arrive and make my way up. Without stopping, I head straight towards my station where I left my phone. Making sure I put it in my pocket, I make my way to the elevator. I was just about to turn a corner when I heard music coming from somewhere.

Me being nosy, decided to let my ears follow the sound of the music. I found myself in front of Yoongi's genius lab. Gently, I put my ear against his door to get a better hear of his amazing producing skills. After a couple minutes of snooping, I forced myself to pull away and head home. Just after a couple of steps, I hear a door open.

"Ally? What're you doing here?" Turning around to face him, I take out my phone and point at it.

"Forgot my phone..." All he did was give a little nod. "Well.. I'll get going then. Nigh-"

"Wait! Can you do me a favor? Can you check out this new song that I'm trying to produce?"

"Sure but I don't think I'll be of any help."

"Just come."

I followed him into his lab and was in awe when I stepped in. I've always seen it in his V-lives but seeing it in person was way different. I didn't know if I could sit or not so I just stood up.

"You can sit, you know." I sit down slightly embarrassed.

"I want you to listen to this beat that I came up with and tell me how it is so far." Without hesitating, he clicks 'play' and the music starts.

It first starts off with a korean vibe to it following some drums and a guy humming or talking I guess. Soon it transitions into a more modern and hip hop beat.

"So?"

"I like it. It's definitely something different that I haven't heard before but at the same time it feels familiar in a good way."

"You think so?"

"Well yea. That sense of familiarity is felt with the drums, but feels fresh and new once the transition begins. It's unique."

He just leans back in his chair and sits quietly thinking.

"Is this a new song for your album."

"Nope. My mixtape."

HOLD THE PHONE! DID HE SAY MIXTAPE?!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

For the past month, Yoongi and I have gotten closer. He let me give him a hand at producing his mixtape which everyone freaked out over since no one expected it. So Army has come to the conclusion that Yoongi is a liar and we are still clowns.

But for now, the only thing keeping me busy is helping him and RM produce their Japanese album since I am a lot more fluent in Japanese than they are and they could use a second opinion on things.

My stomach started to growl and I knew that it was time for me to get a snack. I head into the lounge room where I find a very concentrated Jungkook. Quietly, I walk up to him and lean over him to see what's got him so focused on.

He was working on something but so far it was all in Japanese. I leaned down a little closer once something caught my eye and then I smiled to myself.

"You might want to double check that fourth line." I gave a small laugh once I noticed the mistake that he made.

"You scared me."

I walk over to one of the cabinets and pull out a granola bar and then put in beans in the coffee maker to brew.

"What're you doing anyways?" I pull out a chair and sit next to him.

"Trying to write."

"Here," With my finger I point to a kanji that he got wrong, "I suggest you get rid of this kanji."

"Why?" He turned his view to me and I could see the curiosity in his doe eyes.

"Unless what you're trying to do is insult someone, then I'd suggest you change it." Seeing that he wasn't reacting to my suggestion, I reached for the pencil that was in his hand and started writing the correct kanji for him.

I turned my view back to him and was greeted by his stare. Soon, the corner of his lips lifted up and I was now able to see his adorable bunny smile.

"Maybe you can help me write then, since you seem to be good." All I could do was smile back at him which was my way of saying 'yes.'

I started revising what he had written so far but suddenly my view was blocked as Jungkook reached for something. He was trying to grab a pen that was beside me, so I tried to help him out. While grabbing the pen first, I turn my head while he sits back down. Soon he turned his head as well which then caused us to be face to face.

Lately I feel like him and I were finding ourselves in this position too many times, but I didn't mind it somehow. His eyes suddenly started to flicker back and forth from my eyes and somewhere else but I didn't catch what. All of a sudden, his face was closer than it was a second ago and I didn't know how. At this point I wasn't paying a lot of attention to anything but his eyes.

In the background we hear a beeping noise become audible.

I shyly smile.

"Coffee is ready."

A/N

Who else is a coffee addict like me? 🥴

- Ash