10

"i'm vallyk," he says.

"aliyah. now what do you want?" i ask.

"well you were crying and i wanted to see if you were okay. i saw you around school when we were still in school and you were always smiling. so seeing you like this is kinda concerning," he says.

"you don't even know me," i say.

"but like i said, i've seen you around. and you seem like a happy person. now what has you so upset to the point you have tear stains?" he says.

"it's nothing i want to talk about right now," i say, "i need to be getting home-well to my friends house now anyways."

"come on. i don't bite. you can trust me," he says.

"i don't want people knowing. sorry," i say.

"it's cool. lemme see your phone," he says.

"why?" i ask.

"just go to contacts," he says. i go to contacts and hand it to him. he types something in, probably his number.

"here's my number in case you ever need to talk," he says.

"thanks. i gotta go now. bye," i say.

"bye," he says. i pull out of the parking lot and drive back to stars house. once i get there, i go inside and up to my room.

star and harper walk in and see me crying so they both come over to me and sit on the edge of the bed.

"i'm guessing it didn't go well?" star says. i turn to face towards them.

"it was going perfect until he said he just started dating autumn," i say.

"WHAT?" they both say at the same time.

"yeah. he said that he would raise it with me and everything and he was being very mature about the whole thing and then he said that he thought i didn't like him like that and that he'd been talking to autumn and asked her out yesterday," i say.

"what the fuck. can i please have permission to beat her up? because obviously you can't," harper says.

"let me talk to her first and then i'll let you," i say.

"fine," she says.

"okay i'm going to sleep because i just don't wanna be awake right now. i'd rather be sleeping than crying," i say.

"okay. we'll check on you later," star says. they leave and i fall asleep.

i wake up at 7:30. i took a very long nap. i sit up in my bed and scroll through instagram and tiktok when i remember i need to confront autumn.

of course i don't want to. but what she did isn't cool. it's like she wanted him to cheat on me or something. i don't know but i call her and ask her to meet me at chick-fil-a.

i get in my car and drive to chick-fil-a and wait for her. not long after i get there, i see her pull up next to me. she's gets out of her car and walks over to my window smiling.

"are we going in?" she asks. i nod my head and then get out of my car. we walk in together, get some food, and sit in a booth in the very back corner.

"so what's up?" she asks me.

"um so like i told you, the test came back positive. and it is kobe's. so i went to his house this morning and told him," i say.

"how'd he take it?" she asks.

"great actually," i say.

"that's awesome! but what does this have to do with me?" she says. she's tryna act innocent. i see how it is.

"quit playing dumb. he told me about you guys," i say. her face gets bright red but she furrows her eyebrows as in an "i don't know what you're talking about" way.

"autumn. why would you do that? you knew i liked him. you knew that there was a possibility that i was pregnant with his child. so what the fuck were you thinking?" i say.

"i'm sorry, okay? we just started talking and i forgot," she says.

"no you didn't. i know you didn't. we were talking about him the day before he asked you out," i say.

"i'm sorry, aliyah. please forgive me," she says.

"hell no, that's not cool. i gotta go, bye," i say.

"wait aliyah there's something else i need to tell you," she says.

"what is it?" i say.

"kobe told me it was all a dare," she says.

"what do you mean?" i say.

"i mean his dare was to get you sleep with him...then fall for him...then leave you," she tells me.

"stop fucking playing. that's not funny," i say.

"i'm not playing, i swear. he told me himself," she says.

"so you decide to go and date him? how do you know he's not using you as a dare too?" i say.

"i'm sorry," she says quietly.

i roll my eyes to keep the tears from falling and then quickly buy food for star (harper left while i was asleep) and then i leave.

i finally get home and go up to stars room.

"what'd she say?" she asks me. i hand her her food and sit next to her on her bed.

"at first she was playing dumb and then she just kept saying sorry. and then she told me kobe used me for a dare. to sleep with him, fall for him, then leave. and of course my dumbass had to believe he actually liked me," i sigh.

"i'm sorry, liyah," she says.

"it'll be fine. i'm just sick of everything right now. it's like life wants me to just be miserable," i say.

"come on. i know it might be tough right now,  but you'll get through this. everyone goes through things but there's always light at the end of the tunnel. things will get better," she says.

"thanks," i say. we finish eating and i end up spending the night in her room.