48

a/n : PLEASE READ!!

i'm sorry for rushing things. i didn't want to rush anything too much, but there's just a lot of time periods where i can't do much with the story.

meaning, they're babies. they don't do anything exciting yet, you know? of course i'll be doing their first word..and first time crawling..and walking, but other than that there's not many exciting things for young babies.

until then i might do a few time skips for different parts of getting ready for the wedding and the parts of the wedding. but i'm sorry for rushing things :(

also i looked it up and it said the average time between the proposal and the wedding is 15 months. i will NOT be making y'all wait that long. i'll probably do about 6 months, because that's how long my parents were engaged before they had their wedding.

okay back to the story now.

one month later

we decided on having our wedding in the beginning of july since it will be summer and it'll be good weather for a beach wedding.

we're going for july 3rd. that way if we have an overnight anniversary celebration, we can stay 2 nights (sometimes) and watch the fireworks the second night since it will be fourth of july.

but nothing is confirmed yet other than the wedding theme colors. which are lavender and light blue. and also our decorator is confirmed. it's star :) and derek is gonna help a little too.

anyways...right now i'm at derek and mike's apartment. mike isn't here because him, vallyk, kobe, and angel are planning something for derek and mike's one year. but of course derek doesn't know that.

and if you're wondering where the babies are, kobe's parents are watching the twins and stars mom is watching hudson. the parents wanted to have a baby day with their grandchildren-so we let them.

anyways at the apartment, it's me, star, jaleesa, and derek. we're getting ready to go out. we don't know where we're going we just know that we're going out.

we all finish getting ready and head out. we all get in derek's car and he drives. our apartments are either in the same complex or close to it, and they're all in the city already, so we don't have to drive far.

i see a wedding dress in a store front and an idea pops into my head.

"uh guys. what if we went wedding dress shopping?" i ask. the whole car fills with screams and laughs and we park in a parking lot down the street.

we all get out and walk down the sidewalk until we arrive at the store i saw the dress in and the building reads 'simply davine' so i'm assuming that's the name of the store.

we walk in and i look around. it's filled with beautiful white dresses in all different sizes and designs. 

as her heels click, a middle-aged lady approaches us with a smile on her face. she's wearing an all black suit with her blonde hair in loose curls.

"good morning. how may i help you all?" she says formally.

"good morning. we're dress shopping for my wedding," i say also with a smile on my face.

"alright. is there a specific design or fitting that you're wanting?" she asks, "long sleeves, strapless, puffy, tight, long?"

"uh i don't really know. i was hoping to look and see if i found something i liked," i say.

"that's perfectly fine. follow me," she says. i follow her and she brings us to a desk. she asks for my dress size so i give it to her.

she then leads us over to an aisle that i'm assuming my size of dresses are in. she leaves and lets me look. i see one and look at it and then realize i don't want it. i do that to a couple more as well.

"ooh this one is pretty," star says. i walk over and look at the dress.

"wait actually- wait no," i say. i want my dress to be perfect. it has to be perfect.

derek and jaleesa also find a few that i look at. i liked a lot of them but i didn't really love any of them except for one that derek had found and 2 that i had found.

we go into the changing room area and they sit out in the room to wait for me in the actual changing room. i try on the first dress, one that i picked, and go out and stand on the little podium thing. i turn for them and they say a lot of "it looks amazing" and stuff like that.

i go back to the dressing room and try on the second dress, the one derek picked, and go back out. they get more excited about this one. i can tell they like it a lot and i really do too.

i go back and try on the third and do the same thing. they say the same stuff but they were all obviously more enthusiastic about derek's pick.

i change back into my clothes and bring all the dresses back out with me.

"damn derek you did really good," i say.

"thank you," he says.

"i really like it. a lot. like a lot a lot," i say.

"and you look amazing in it," he says making me blush. (not in that way dummies)

we go up to the lady that helped us when we first got here and put in our order for the dress. i don't want to buy it right now because i still have like 3 months until the wedding.

we get in the car and decide to go get our nails done. derek gets his painted but doesn't get acrylics like me, star, and jaleesa.

we finally finish up and grab some lunch before going home. after i drop everyone off, i get back home and kobe is already there with the twins.

"how were they with your mom?" i ask kobe as i walk into the bedroom. he's holding nadia and king is laying next to him in a boppy. (those pillows that support babies heads, you know?)

"king was good but she said dia wouldn't quit crying," he says. (king is kingston's nickname and dia is nadia's nickname.)

"aw really," i say.

"yeah. she said that she kept trying different things and she just wouldn't stop crying," kobe explains.

"so how did you get her to stop?" i ask.

"i don't know. as soon as i took her back, she stopped," he says.

"aw! she's a daddy's girl," i say excitedly. i pick up king and sit next to kobe. we hang out for the rest of the day and then obviously eventually go to bed.

a/n : uh i was gonna say something but i forgot what i was gonna say.

anyways.. y'all should go follow my tiktok. @zaddy.derek bc i'm almost at 1k.