52

i'm standing in front of the full sized mirror in the bridal room and i'm shaking. today's the day. today's actually the day. and i'm a tiny bit scared but also extremely excited.

"calm down, liyah," jaleesa says as she places her hands on my shoulders.

"it's not like i'm shaking from fear. you know when you just won like a game or a competition and you're about to get your medal or trophy or whatever?" i say. she nods her head.

"that's what it feels like. except for way more exciting and nerve-racking," i say.

"no backing out now," kiya says jokingly.

"trust me, i would never," i say.

none of us are dressed yet. i mean of course we have clothes on, just not our dresses.we still have a few hours until it starts but star and derek are decorating so we had to be here hella early.

obviously me and kobe are the ones getting married. my bridesmaids are ahiella, kiya, jaleesa, star, and jasline.

kobe's groomsmen are bobby, jacob, vallyk, angel, fred, mike, and derek. dejuane and andre didn't want to be in the wedding because they said they don't like being in front of everyone like that.

whenever we're walking down the aisle, kobe will walk out his mom then ahiella and bobby will go, then kiya and jacob, then jaleesa and vallyk, then star and angel, then jasline and fred, then mike and derek.

kenny's the ring bearer/page boy meaning he'll be bringing out the rings. then kobe's little cousin is the flower girl. then my grandpa will walk me out. that's who everyone is going with.

jaleesa walks out of the room...i'm assuming to talk to vallyk...and i sit on the couch next to ahiella and pull out my phone.

"actually...i think imma go help them set up for a bit," i say. ahiella nods her head as her response and i leave the room. i go downstairs and walk up to star.

"need any help?" i ask. she turns to face me and immediately engulfs me in a hug.

"ugh thank you. yes i need help. can you help derek get the rest of the flowers on the tables?" she asks me. i nod my head and walk over to derek.

"hey i'm here to help. what can i do?" i say. he points to a box at the end of one of the tables.

"there's flower centerpieces in that box. just help put them all in the center of each table," he says. i nod my head and start setting them out.

once we're done, i help out a little more. lighting candles, setting up food and drinks, etc.

i go back up to the bridal room and start getting ready with everyone else.

we get our makeup and hair done and everyone gets their dresses on and i get mine on too.

jasline, jaleesa, and ahiellas dresses :