29

we get to his house and we go in and say hi to kiya and and his parents then we go into the room with the crib.

"okay so you gotta change her diaper, feed her, burp her, and make sure she sleeps," he explains.

"you can't just tell me what to do. i need you to tell me how to do it!" i say.

"don't worry i'll be here with you the whole time. i'm not gonna do everything for you, but i'll help you," he says.

he kisses my forehead before getting harleigh out of her crib and handing her to me.

time skip

i finished "practice babysitting" harleigh and i actually did good. she barely cried and when she did i got her to stop pretty fast.

i finished about 30 minutes ago because his parents went to go do something and took harleigh with them.

so now me and kobe are just chilling in his room. we're cuddling on his bed and we're watching netflix.

he takes him arms off of me and gets out of the bed making me sit up.

"where are you going?" i ask.

"i'm going to the bathroom, i'll be right back," he says.

he goes into his bathroom and i lay back down on the bed.

i want him to ask me out. i lowkey wanna ask him out first because he's taking hella long to do it. i know he wants to but he's hasn't done it.

plus we've kissed, only once but we've still kissed, and he kisses me on the forehead and cheek all the time.

i just wanna know what we are. because i'm not about to be no 'friends that kiss sometimes.'

he comes back from the bathroom and lays back down, wrapping his arms around me again. i lay my head on his chest and play with his necklaces/chains.

he plays with my hair as the movie plays. i'm not really paying attention to it though.

"aliyah," kobe says.

"mhm," i say.

"will you go on a date with me tonight?" he asks. a smile grows on my face as i look up at him.

"yeah," i say.

"good. if you don't wanna go home before it i bet kiya probably has something you could wear. it can be comfy," he says.

"okay. do i need to start getting ready now?" i ask.

"yeah try to be ready in an hour," he says.

"okay. i'll be back," i say. we both get out of bed and i run into kiya's room.

"kiya kiya kiya. i need your help," i say.

"with what?" she asks.

"we're going on a date and we leave in an hour. do you have something i could possibly wear?" i ask.

"yeah let me find you something. come here," she says. i walk over to her closet with her and she starts looking through her clothes.

i'm bigger than her, so she gives me some loser jeans that are too big for her and this cute crop top. i go in her bathroom and change.

she lets me use her makeup and i put a little bit on then i put my shoes back on.

"thank you so much," i say as i hug her.

"no problem," she says, "y'all have fun."

"thanks," i smile. i walk out and go knock on kobe's door.

"i'm ready," i say.

"it's unlocked," he says. i walk in and he sees me and looks me up and down.

"you look pretty," he says.

"thank you. you look good too," i say. he was wearing a purple thrasher shirt and a pair of black ripped jeans and white air forces.

we get our things and leave in his car.

"so where are we going?" i ask.

"it's a surprise," he says.

"it's always a surprise," i say.

"i know but you love surprises," he says, "or at least you did when you were younger."

"true. i just get impatient really easily," i say.

"i'm pretty sure everyone does," he laughs. i laugh with him. we drive for a little bit longer until he pulls up to a bowling alley.

"aww," i say.

"our favorite place to go when we were kids," he says.

"you really remember everything don't you?" i say.

"yes i do," he says smiling, "let's go!" he gets out of the car and so do i and we walk in hand in hand.

we get inside and pay and get our shoes and bowling balls then go to our assigned lane. he lets me type our names in on the screen.

once everything's set up and we have our shoes on and everything, kobe goes first. he knocks down 6 pins then 2. i go and i get a strike.

"i've always been better than you," i say as i walk back to the table where he's sitting.

(a/n : the first thing i thought of when i wrote that was that tiktok sound that goes "i don't like anyone better than you, it's true" lmao i'm on tik tok too much someone pls help me)

"that is not true!" he says.

"mhm and how many times have you won against me?" i ask.

"none," he mumbles.

"exactly," i say.

"actually! i won once!" he says.

"that's because i had a broken wrist and had to use my non-dominant hand!" i argue.

"fair enough," he says. i laugh and sit down while he goes and does his turn again, this time getting a spare. i go again and also get a spare.

we keep playing for a while and we play two full games. i won both. then after we're done, we get dinner and then he drives us to this old abandoned skate park.

"what are we doing here?" i ask.

"eating. it's pretty here," he says.

"true," i say. we sit down on a ramp and start eating. once we're done, we lay on our backs and start stargazing kinda. we're more enjoying each other's company than watching the stars.

"can i ask you something?" kobe asks randomly.

"yeah, sure," i say.

"will you be my girlfriend?" he asks. i smile really big and look up at him.

"duh," i say. he puts his hand on the side of my face and pulls me in for a kiss which i gladly go in for.

i finally got what i wanted. him.

a/n : i am sooo sorry it took my so long to update 🥺 but here you go