45

a/n : i'm skipping his birthday bc idk what to do for it 🙈 LMAO

lemme make sure y'all know this...babies can be born before their due dates. her due date is february 14 so it's only 2 weeks early. i was 4 weeks early lmao :)

january 29th, 1:00 am

i wake up to having a pretty bad contractions. i pick up my phone. 1:01 am. after a few minutes, i get another bad contraction and groan in pain.

kobe wakes up and immediately sits up and starts rubbing my back.

"what's wrong baby?" he says.

"i'm having bad contractions," i say, "and my back fucking hurts."

"do you need to go to the hospital? do you think the babies are coming?" he asks.

"i don't know. i'll call them and see what they say," i tell him. he nods his head and i grab my phone. i call my doctor and we have a short conversation before hanging up.

"what'd he say?" kobe asks.

"he said to time the contractions. if they last for 1 minute and are 4 minutes apart for at least an hour, then we need to go in," i explain.

(a/n : i looked it up and that's what it said. don't judge me lol)

kobe leans against the headboard and i lean into his side and he wraps his arm around me and starts rubbing my stomach.

"i hope this is actually it because i'm so ready to meet them," kobe says.

"me too," i say. i get another bad contraction and lean farther into kobe.

"deep breaths baby," kobe says.

•••

it's been almost three hours, and for the last 53 minutes, they've been 4 minutes apart for 1 minute each now.

"we need to go," i say.

"okay, baby. hold on let me grab the bags," he says. i wait while he grabs 2 suitcases that we had packed to be ready for when the baby comes. and of course the diaper bag.

he wraps his arm around me and helps me to the elevator. once we're down, we walk to the car and he helps me get in and then goes around to the drivers side.

"it's okay, aliyah. it only takes 20 minutes to get there. remember, deep breaths," he tells me, "i'm gonna call my parents."

he goes to his moms contact and tries to call her. no answer. he tries again. no answer again. then he tries his dad twice and he doesn't answer either. right before he's about to try his dad again, his mom calls him back. he puts it on speaker since he's driving.

"it's 4 in the morning! what is so important that you had to wake me up?" she says.

"we think aliyah's going into labor," he says with no hesitation.

"oh my- okay. are y'all on the way to the hospital right now?" she asks.

"yeah. we'll be there in like 10 minutes," he says.