024

part 2.

"you guys ready to go? it's almost dark." harry sits up in his chair, thrilled for the dance.

"calm your horses, potter." blaise stands up grabbing his jacket from behind his chair.

"these fries are amazing!" ron suddenly stands. he looks around at the group, total silence. "what?" he asks with a mouthful of the crispy fries.

"okay, let's go." draco also stands, pushing in his chair and grabbing his trash and finding the nearest trash can, and exits.

"embarrassing" was mumbled by fred and george as they got up and ran to the exit behind draco.

the rest of the group soon walked out the restaurant and back to the streets.

"okay, now let's get out of here and dressed for the- whatever we're doing" Neville laughed.

-back at hogwarts-

"okay let's meet back here in half an hour?" ginny asks looking around at the group of teens.

"yep" harry says walking away. the group turns to the direction harry is going, rather surprised.

"harry!" draco calls. harry turns around confused as of why they're still standing in the same spot.

"that's it? no goodbye? not even to me?" hermione calls as she crosses her arm over the other.

"oh yeah. see ya later guys!" harry smiles and turns away again. ron, fred, george and neville run behind him as ginny and hermione leave draco and blaise standing alone in the halls.

"what are we waiting for? let's go!" draco sneers as he runs in the direction of the slytherin dorms.

-gryffindor dorms-

"how does this look?" neville turns to the mirror. the other boys look at his outfit nodding their heads.

"it looks great, Neville!" harry smiles, walking over to his dress shoes under his bed.

"ron! it's been more than half an hour! we'll be late!" george shouts at his younger brother who's in the bathroom.

"this tux is ugly!" ron shouts back.

"no it's not. mum got us plain suits to wear." fred says to harry.

"fine. here i come" ron opens the door to revel his tux.

"hideous" neville laughed.
"just kidding i love the color" neville smiled to his friend.

"we can take pictures when we get down stairs" harry says walking out the door.

"hey everyone! lookin good" harry laughs.

"shut up harry" ron laughs kicking his friend in the leg. the group stands awkwardly waiting for someone to say something.

"um, anyway" draco starts, "you look handsome harry" draco wraps his arm around harry's neck.

"aww that's cute" ginny laughs as she walks over to her date, neville.

then came katie and angelia.

"i think that's all?" harry looks around at the group.

"no it's not. lunas here"

"blaise ur going with luna?" hermione smiles. then comes a shy luna from the stairway.

"okay let's go" fred announces. the group starts walking to the doors of the ballroom.  harry and draco push open the doors to reveal what they've been working on for weeks.

"it's beautiful!" hermione gasps as her and ron walk in hand in hand.

where the band was stood the headmaster and the head of houses. on the other side stood the teachers.

"okay let's either split up or stay together" george calls to the group. there was so many people in the room they decided to stay together in case something was to happen.

"guys no phones til we leave. we can take pics but no posting til later" hermione shouts over the music. they all nod and start taking pictures of each other.

"hey draco" harry starts as the music slows down.

"yes?" draco turns his head to potter in confusion.

"this is fun. i think" harry looks around to see his friends laughing and having fun.

"oh yea harry i had to ask you something." draco says then runs over to hermione and whispers "i'm gonna ask him now" and runs back over to harry.

hermione tells the rest of the group and they all get quiet and get their phones out.

"so uhm"

"uh"

"i don't know if this is romantic or not but, will you be my boyfriend?" draco nervously takes harry's hand as they stand in silence.

draco sees the group out of the corner of his eyes. they were all smiling waiting for harry's reply.

"yes." harry smiles and pulls malfoy into a hug. hermione was the first to react.

"YES!!" hermione screams and runs to harry pulling him into a tight hug.

"ouch mione, that hurts" harry laughs.  then comes ginny squealing with a huge grin on her face.

the boys went to draco to give a congrats.

they didn't even care the whole ball was looking at them.

"i'm tired now" draco laughs wrapping his arm around harry. harry laughs and pulls draco to sit down.

"wow," ron sits with them.
"this really happened"

"shut up ron" harry sighs
"is this over yet? i decorated for this and i'm already tied of looking at this room."

"we can all go up to the gryffindor dorms." draco suggests standing.

they all gather up and go back to the dorms.

"wait let's just set up the room of requirement so we can all have a place to sleep. i don't want to sleep on the gryffindor couches." blaise rams in front of the group.

"who said you'd sleep on the couch. i was gonna have u sleep on the floor" draco laughs

"shut up malfoy" the group said in unison.

thank you so much for over 50k reads! & thanks for voting.

stay safe everyone!

♡︎