Recovering

Nessa's POV
We finally came home after being at the hospital for another hour. We all went into the house and I guided Josh to the couch. I sat beside him. "Baby why are all these people in our house?" He asked. "They are our family and friends. It's ok. They will leave soon." I said. He looked at me confused but just nodded his head. I could tell that his mom was really hurt that Josh only remembers me. I know she has treated me unfair but I do feel bad for her. Imagine your child remembering someone else and not you? "Baby did I make them upset?" Josh asked. I looked at him with sorrow. "No baby. They are just a little worried. It is going to be ok and soon you will remember everything." I smiled at him. He hugged me and I could hear him silently crying. "Why are you crying?" I asked. "I love you." He says. I smiled and hugged him tight. "I love you too." I said. "We are going to head out I think we need to give him some space." The boys said. I nodded and they all said bye. "Yeah I think we should give him some space too." Josh's dad said. "What?! No! I am not leaving my son. Remember the doctor said that we need to talk about our memories?" His mom argued. "He just got home. We can come back tomorrow." His dad said. She still argued back but he eventually talked her into leaving. Now it was just Josh and I. "Can we please go lay down?" He asked. I nodded and we both headed upstairs. Josh almost walked into the bathroom but I turned him and guided him to his bedroom. We both layed down and Josh buried his head into my neck. "I love you. I'm sorry that I can't remember stuff." Josh said. I wrapped my arms around him. "Baby it is not your fault. You will get better it is just going to take some time." I explained. "Hmm." He hummed in response and I looked down and his eyes started closing and he slowly fell asleep. He's been unconscious so long and you would think he would be wide awake but nope. I don't blame him though. He probably is so confused right now. I couldn't even imagine. I kissed his forehead and slowly felt myself fall asleep. Thinking about how lucky I am to have such a wonderful boyfriend in the world.
_________________________________________I am so sorry that I haven't posted in a while. I have been so busy please understand. Thanks for reading my story.