Chapter 3 - Trouble With a Capital T

As we walk through the front entrance, a group of ladies are seated in the lounge area.

Aunt Las strolls over, greeting them warmly, "Good morning, ladies! How are my girls? I brought my niece the one I was telling you about! She's going to head the activities while Gina is out."

I wave shyly at them as they wave back. One lady stands from her chair and approaches me, "Hi sweetheart; I'm Miss Norma; it is a pleasure to meet you. You are such a pretty little thing. I bet the boys are lining up to take you out!"

I look down, attempting to avoid her gaze. Aunt Las chimes in, "Oh boys, are nothing but trouble, let's have a girls' day, shall we?" she says as she gently squeezes my shoulders.

Miss Norma pats me on the arm, "Sounds wonderful. Dear, would you mind painting my fingernails today? I could sure use a manicure if you are up for it?" She asks while looking down at bag of makeup and nail polish I'm carrying.

"I'd be happy to paint your nails, Miss Norma."

She smiles so big as leads me to the table in the middle of the room and she watches as I get set up. She begins to rummage through my case, picking out a perfect shade of hot pink. As I begin to paint her nails, I notice a beautiful woman with long brown hair approaching me. She is wearing a uniform, so I assume she works there. "Hi, there darlin, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Nova; Miss Norma is my Momma."

"Hello, my name is Mariah Knox. Lori is my Aunt."

Nova pats me on the shoulder, "Good to have ya sug; when you get settled, I'd love to invite you over for some sweet tea and my world-famous lemon meringue pie!"

Her eyes are so comforting and warm, there's no way I could ever turn her down, "That sounds nice. Thank you."

She walks away to speak to one of the residents as I continue to paint Miss Norma's nails. It's hard to believe how friendly everyone is, not like this where I'm from. One male worker hasn't stopped staring at me since I walked in. He is wearing the same uniform as Nova, so I assume he's a nurse. He kind of makes me feel uneasy since he hasn't introduced himself to me, it's awkward. Nevertheless, I feel comfortable here among the ladies I've met; I could get used to this.

As I start the second coat of nail polish, Miss Norma begins speaking with someone, "Well, there's my boy! Come over here and see your granny!" I look up, and the wind was knocked from me; I was nearly jolted from my chair. The most gorgeous blue eyes I had ever seen were boring a hole through me. I couldn't move; I was frozen in place. At that very moment, I knew I was in trouble with a capital T!

Dylan's POV

As I walk through the front entrance of Dolewood to visit my Mom and Gran since I have the day off today, I am blindsided. This girl who's painting Gran's nails is a stone-cold fox! She has long blonde hair, perky tits, tan skin, she's a ten! Who is she? Where did she come from? Her face is flushed as if she's embarrassed. Damn baby! What do you have to be nervous about? Her eyes alone would be enough to have any man fall to his knees! I try to look away, but I'm drawn in like a fucking tractor beam, "Oh, hey Granny!" I respond as she greets me, attempting to distract myself from the Goddess that sits before me.

She motions me over to sit next to her, so I try to play it cool, "Dylan, come here and let me introduce you to my friend. Dylan, this is Mariah Knox, she's Lori's niece. Mariah, meet my grandson, Dylan Hudson."

I reach out my hand to her, "Nice to meet you."

She places her hand in mine, and I awkwardly hold on to it for a little longer than I should. Her hands are like ice, "Umm... Hi, Dylan, nice to meet you too."