Chapter 18 - Time Marches On

SIX WEEKS LATER...

I immediately sit up in bed, feeling bile rise in my throat. I roll off the bed and dart towards the bathroom. Everything I ate the night prior came up at that moment once I reach the toilet, "Babe. Are you okay?" Dylan calls out from the bedroom.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little bit nauseous this morning," I respond as I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand.

I lean my back against the cold porcelain tub, smiling ear to ear. Damn, that didn't take long! I bet he did put a baby in me that first night we tried. Dylan approaches the bathroom, standing in the doorway, "What's wrong, baby? Why are you sitting on that cold floor? Are you okay?" he asks.

I reach down to pat my tummy, "I think I may be pregnant. I need to take a test," I blurt out.

"Wow, really?" he asks, flashing a sly grin.

I nod as tears well in my eyes. He walks over and reaches out his hand for me, I place my hand in his, and he pulls me up to a standing position, "Want me to go grab a test?" He asks.

"Yes, that would be great. Grab two if you don't mind just in case."

He wraps his arms around my neck, leaning in to kiss me on the forehead. My arms wrapped around his torso, and I pull him into me. I don't know, I can't explain, but I just feel different. He turns the lever in the shower, allowing it time to heat up before walking over to the toilet to urinate. I quickly brush my teeth and climb back to bed to watch television for a bit. Georgia enters the bedroom, climbing onto the bed next to me. I pull her in for a hug, "Hey, baby girl. You wanna watch television with Momma?" I ask.

"Yep, can we watch cartoons, Momma?" she asks.

I flip through the channels finding a cartoon for her to watch to keep her occupied as I get up and pull out Dylan's clothes and underwear to take to the bathroom, "Baby, Georgia is in our bed watching cartoons. Here are your clothes so you can get dressed in here. I'm going to shut the door to give you some privacy," I tell him.

"Alright, baby, thank you," He responds from inside the shower.

I return to the bed to lay down with Georgia, cuddling up close. Dylan struts out of the bathroom, fully dressed after a few moments, approaching the bed, he leans in to kiss Georgia on the forehead, "Good Morning! How did Daddy's princess sleep?" He asks.

"Good," She responds.

"Did you have good dreams, angel?"

She nods her head, smiling big, revealing her perfect white teeth. He playfully pinches her little nose and then reaches out his hand to me, "Alright, Ri, I'll be back, baby. "

I reach out to take his hand, "Okay, I'll make breakfast while you are gone."

He blows a kiss before walking out of the bedroom, and I roll out of bed to quickly get myself cleaned up and ready for the day. I whip up some banana chocolate chip pancakes and sausage this morning for breakfast while he's gone.

He returns moments later, handing me the bag as he strolls in. I rush to make them a plate and then dart into the bathroom to take the test. Ugh, I'm so anxious; I know I'm pregnant.

After a few minutes of torture, I look down at the results. AHHH! I'm pregnant!!!! I'm so elated! I take the second test just to make sure, and it comes back with the same result. I can hardly contain my excitement, so I dash out to the living room to give Dylan the good news, but I'm stopped in my tracks once I notice the look on his face. He is on the phone speaking to someone while sitting at the recliner, his face red, and his eyes wet with tears as he rubs the back of his head. I walk over, placing my hand on his shoulder to comfort him. He reaches up to hold my hand, "How did she die?" he asks.