Chapter 11 - Foul Play

Tick tock...tick tock...tick tock. I awaken from my slumber to the sound of a clock ticking on the wall. I sit up to scan my surroundings. The room is spinning...fuck! The throbbing in my head is so intense, I reach my hand up to my head, but there's something tied around my wrist. I blink a few times, attempting to focus. There's a faint humming sound off in the distance from an overhead light flickering. Once the dizziness subsides, I continue to scan the room. It's dark, the walls are dingy, and there are oil and scuff marks all over the cement floor beneath me as I look down. Tick tock...tick tock...Where the fuck am I?

I press down with both hands on the cushion beneath my bottom. Am I lying on a cot of some sort? What is this? Am I in a basement? Who do I know that has a basement like this? I begin to panic and pull both hands, but my wrists are bound. It appears I'm tied to the frame in which I sit. Who did this? Tick tock...tick tock...

Overcome with anxiety; I attempt to wiggle out of the ties binding my wrists before realizing my ankles are also bound. I notice that my legs are bare...where are my pants? Fuck! Where are my clothes? Why am I lying here in nothing but a bra and panties?

"Hello? Helloooooo!?" I call out as I hear noises in the other room. I can hear footsteps on the concrete floor and then a figure of a man approaching me once he enters the room.

My vision still a blur, I blink a few times trying to get a better look, "Hello Mariah, it's me, Ethan. You are safe now."

Overcome with fear, I begin to scream, "Noooo!!!! Help me! Heeelllpppp!" I cry out as I furiously attempt to loosen the ties that bind me.

He moves closer, sitting next to me on the cot, "Shhhh... darling... don't move. I don't want you hurting yourself. Nobody can hear you anyway," He says softly.

"What the fuck are you doing, Ethan!? Why am I here?!"

"You are here because you had an accident, and I am trying to take care of you," He responds as he reaches out to stroke my hair.

I pull back immediately, "Don't you dare touch me, Ethan!"

"I saved you, darling."

"Why don't you take me to the hospital?" I ask as tears well in my eyes.

"Because I want you here with me, my darling. I'm a nurse. I can take care of you."

"No, Ethan! I need to go to the hospital! I think I hit my head. I have a horrible headache, and my head is spinning," I tell him.

"Darling shh... Don't overexert yourself. You must rest," He whispers as he strokes my hair.

I pull away from him, "Please, Ethan, don't do this!" I plead with him.

"I only want to take care of you, Mariah. You are mine!"

He reaches up to brush my bottom lip with his thumb, "Ethan, I'm not your Mariah! I'm Dylan's Mariah. Please don't do this."

He belts out a maniacal laugh, "Oh darling. You are no longer Dylan's Mariah; you are mine. I can take care of you much better than he can. Don't fight this; we are destined to be together. Nobody will ever find you here."

He scoots closer, running his hand up my thigh, "Ahh! No!" I squeal as I violently jerk and pull, attempting to loosen the ties. As I violently thrash around, I feel something wet between my legs. Looking down, I notice a large urine stain on the pad mixed with blood, "Ethan, please, I'm on my period; I need a shower. God damn it! I've urinated all over myself. This is so degrading!"

He pats my shoulder, "Don't worry; I will give you a sponge bath. I will take care of you."

I twist and pull away from him, "This is not taking care of me, Ethan! This is holding me against my will! I'm injured! I need to see a doctor, please!"