Chapter 8 - Love The Way You Love Me

As we pull in the driveway to his house, I'm hit with the realization; I didn't pack my overnight bag. I throw my hands in the air, "Dylan, I forgot my bag. I have no pajamas or toothbrush."

He snorts, "Trust me; you will not need any pajamas at my house. You will be walking around the entire time naked. I need to have access to that fine ass while you are here. Second, you can use my toothbrush."

Wow, we are already at the step in our relationship where I can use his toothbrush, and he's okay with it? It's only been a couple of days, and now this? Am I even ready for this? Fuck yeah! If it's with him, I am. This sexy man is everything I never knew I wanted and so much more. I lean over to whisper into his ear, "I'm yours all night to do with whatever you want."

He reaches up to brush the hair out of my face, gazing into my eyes, "Hey, let's sit out in your truck bed for a bit," I suggest.

He rubs his chin as if contemplating, "Okay, sounds good," He smiles.

He reaches into the back, grabs his buffalo checkered blanket from behind the seats as we climb out of the truck, and lays it out on the tailgate. He places his hands around my waist, lifting me up before setting me down atop the blanket. He rests his hands on the tailgate next to me, leaning in as if he has something on his mind, "Be right back," He says as he takes off jogging inside the house.

While he's inside, I lean back, feet dangling, enjoying the cool night air. It's so peaceful and serene out here, aside from the sound of crickets chirping in the distance. He comes back shortly toting a bottle of wine, two wine glasses, and a pack of strawberries, "Aww, Dylan. That is so sweet. I love this!"

He gazes up at me with those beautiful icy blue eyes, biting his lower lip as if he has something he would like to get off his chest, but is hesitant, "What's wrong?" I ask.

"Mariah...I..." he stutters.

I reach out to take his hand, "Whatever you need to say, just say it."

He pulls my legs apart, leaning his body against mine as he places his hands on my hips, "Mariah, I love you!" He blurts out.

A look of shock crosses my face, eyes wide, mouth open, "Dylan I...." I begin to say until he interrupts me.

"Look, Mariah, I know this is quick, but fuck me, I never felt this way before so, I had to tell you. You drive me fucking wild. I need you every second of every day."

"Dylan, I..." I manage to spit out until he interrupts me once again.

"My whole family loves you, and that's a hard thing to accomplish. My Mom is a pretty good judge of character, and she's never fucking invited any woman over to her house before, let alone make lasagna for her. I knew it was all over from there. You are the one."

He opens his mouth as if to continue, but I lift my index finger, pressing it against his lips to stop him, "Shh baby... listen to me... I love you too!"

It felt right saying those words. The fact that I didn't even hesitate makes it that much more perfect. I know what I feel; this is love. I'm madly in love with him, "There are a couple of things we need to talk about first," I tell him as I run my hands up his biceps.

"What's that?" he asks curiously as he smiles ear to ear.

"Well, I want to make sure that you don't have feelings for Suzy. She mentioned today that you always run back to her after you break up with a girl. Is that true?"

He rolls his eyes, putting his hands up to cup my cheeks, "I have no feelings for Suzy whatsoever. We dated in high school for a bit, and she cheated on me with a buddy of mine, Charlie, at a party one night. We broke up after that and never went out since. She's made passes at me for years, but I've not wanted anything to do with her since that all went down. I'm only friendly with her because I feel bad about her taking care of her Mom. It's a sad situation. Now that she's been threatening you, I will put a stop to that right now. You are the only thing I want, and I can't be without you," He confesses.