CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

~JENNIE'S POV~

I'm now sitting in the meeting room of my dad's company because he said he wants me to meet someone who has been helping our company for a long time now.

''Are you ready, Jennie?'' My dad asked me while smiling, I smiled back and nodded.

The door opened and Mr. Jeon and Jiwoon oppa entered, I looked at them confused and they just smiled at me.

A few more minutes, Y/n entered the room, she looked at me and smiled. She walked straight to my parents, they hugged each other and then they all looked at me.

''Y/n, this is my daughter, Jennie, but I'm sure the both of you know each other already because of work.'' My dad said, she smiled and nodded her head.

''Of course, Mr. Kim and we have those little moments from the past, right?'' She continued, we all sat down.

''Why do you look confused, honey?'' My dad asked me while smiling.

''Don't tell me you forgot how you got mad at me because I was forcing you before to marry Y/n?'' My dad continued.

~FLASHBACK~

''What?!'' I shouted at my dad.

''Jennie, calm down. I just want the best for you.'' My dad said calmly.

''By what?! By forcing me to marry my best friend?!'' I shouted again.

''Mr. Kim, I thought we talked about this already?'' Y/n said while chuckling, she entered my dad's office then sat on the sofa. She took one of the magazines lying around at the table there.

''I know but-,'' My dad started but he was cut off by Y/n.

''But you wanted what's best for Jennie. I get it Mr Kim but don't force her into marrying me, I'm sure she'll meet someone who suits her more. Someone who'll look after her like I do and someone who'll get along better with you.'' She said while her eyes are locked into the magazine.

She looked at me and smiled warmly before winking at me making me smile back.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

''You know, my offer still stands.'' My dad said taking me out of my daydreaming.

''Mr. Kim, I may have forgotten about my past but I'm sure I've been telling you ever since that don't force Jennie into this.'' Y/n said then chuckled.

''Oh sweetie, you're not wrong about that one.'' My mom said making them laugh.

I'm still stunned that I have forgotten about Y/n when we knew each other ever since I was 7 and she was 6, we stopped communicating when I started training.

''You know that it was in the contract, right?'' My dad asked Y/n.

''Our marriage? Yes, it was said that your firstborn will marry my parents' firstborn for our company to help yours.'' Y/n answered calmly while playing with her pen.

I was shocked with the newfound information, Y/n looked at me and smiled.

''But I was told that dad has a soft spot for me and didn't push the marriage anymore'', she continued while smiling.

''Both of your parents has a soft spot for you'', my mom said and Y/n smiled.

''Yes, they'll do anything for you even if you ask them to buy the whole Hong Kong Disneyland for you'', my dad said chuckling.

''Oh trust me, I would have if I just act like those spoiled rich brats'', Y/n said making the four of us laugh.

We talked for a few more minutes then Y/n and I left the company because mom and dad have to do something and both of us are hungry already.

''I don't even know how I managed to forget about you'', I told Y/n, she chuckled then shrugged her shoulders.

''You already have dozen of things to think about, don't wanna add up '', she said while fixing my food when our food arrived.

''Do you think dad would force me to marry you shortly?'', I asked her.

She shook her head and finished the food in her mouth first before speaking,

''They won't force you, girls, as long as I live'', she said, I got confused.

''They? What do you mean?'', I asked.

''Oh, I've arranged marriage to the others as well but I told your parents that if you girls don't want to marry me, that's fine with me, whatever y'all decision, that's mine too'', she answered and smiled before eating.

I smiled at her, she would always think about others first before herself.

''But I'm not allowed to get married to someone else'', she suddenly said making me look at her shocked by the newfound information.

''My dad doesn't want me to get married unless it's with the four of you or one of you at least'', she said while shaking her head in disbelief.

''I don't want to get married anyway'', she said smiling and shrugging her shoulders.

''Do you not want to get married?'', I asked her, she looked at me.

''To be honest? No, but I'm scared of commitment because I don't want to hurt someone's feelings, I might make mistakes, I'm not good at handling situations like that'', she confessed, I nodded my head.

We finished eating after a few more minutes, she's now driving me home.

''Right there'', I pointed to my house, she drove there and stopped at the gate.

''Do you want to come inside?'', I asked her, she looked at the digital clock on her car making me look at it as well, it was already midnight.

''Wow, I didn't know it was midnight already'', I said, she laughed at me.

''You should go inside now'', she told me.

''You're not coming?'', I asked, she smiled before shaking her head.

''I have to be at the airport by 2 AM'', she said, I nodded my head, she kissed my forehead before letting me out.

I walked to my door to see that she was still there, she was waiting for me to get inside first, I waved at her, I saw the headlights flashed, I smiled at that and entered the house.