~Chapter 15~

Narrator's perspective

     The silent yet calming atmosphere peaks around the walls of the library. Only a few stayed aback to do some light and/or heavy reading, that included Camille who accompanied Hermione in studying even though she doesn't have to.

For a few times, she would distract the brunette from time to time and ended up getting a glare from her antics. Hermione didn't mind at all truth be speaking. It's been days since they went out in the woods and that particular day was one of the best in her life thanks to Camille.

Camille had her legs under the table rest on another chair across from her, her arms were resting on the sides while she stare at the book she was holding. Right besides her was Hermione, constantly looking up from her textbooks just to get a glimpse of the girl who seemed non-interested in her parchment.

"You look bored." Hermione pointed out, dropping the book on her hands on her lap while looking over the girl with curiosity written in her eyes.

Camille did the same, her attention now to the girl besides her. "Well I am bored. I'm reading a book that doesn't interest me." She said finally and tossing it on the table with tiredness. The action made Hermione smile and lets out a small chuckle of amusement.

"You can just tell me all about your life in your world." She suggested, already done in her readings. Even though she wasn't, Hermione can still ace her subjects with her knowledge anyways. "What?" She asked with a smile when Camille looked at her in a weird way.

"I just didn't know you were interested." She shrugged, turning her chair to face Hermione now. "What do you want to know?"

For a second, Camille was ready to answer any of her questions. But at the same time, she was hesitant on doing so since her life is basically one huge ride of a rollercoaster.

"Your family? I know your name is popular in your world but why is that even?" Her british accent was pleasing to Camille's ears, she hid it as much and smiled.

"My dad is not that... how do I say this, He's not the type of guy to participate in any stuff that do good." The thought made Camille smile in ways she can't comprehend. "It's funny. Dad is pretty much all I have besides my family and he's ruthless."

"Ruthless how?" asked Hermione

"Can't explain, If I did then you'll be running through the hills by now." She informed when a small laugh escaped Hermione's mouth. "But he does have a knack for family."

Hermione's smile faltered, remembering something. "It might be a sensitive subject but how about your mom? You only talk about her once and it's like she's gone." She asked as gently and careful as she could.

Suddenly, Camille's breath hitched and hid it from the girl in front of her. She didn't know whether to talk about Hayley or change the subject.

"If you don't want to then it's fi—"

"—No, I... It's fine." She said, a small smile plastered on her face. "But... If you don't mind I rather not talk about it."

"Yeah totally fine." Hermione said in an assuring tone, eyes wandering to Cami who seemed troubled. "How about Hope? You two seem close."

The mention of her sister's name gave her relief once she looked up to meet Hermione's eyes again. "We're twins and we haven't been away from each other since birth. She's always a martyr and gets herself into trouble so I'm always there to make sure she's alright."

"You value your family. That's kind of adorable when you think about it." Hermione said in a small chuckle.

"That's why I turned into a Vampire in the first place." She shrugged like it was nothing.