~Chapter 37~

Narrator's perspective

The cold breeze and snow was not helping the Brunette who tried to focus on controlling her magic from spiralling out of control. She flicked her wrist and a pound of snow almost showered to the campfire besides her. She rolled her eyes and focused once more, mumbling the same spell again and again until she did it. Her eyes landed to the locket that was levitating just in front of her.

She casted another spell that was suppose to break anything but it didn't budge. Ofcourse, it was not easy to destroy a dark object, especially when she had no knowledge of this world.

"Damn it." Camille whispered and pushed her hand forward, the locket meeting its way to the tree as it fell to the snow again. She closed her eyes in a sigh and scooted closer to the fire, staring at it absentmindedly.

Hope was inside the tent, promised that she'll come out to join her later. Harry and Hermione went to Godric's hollow to investigate a somewhat lead they found. The twins stood their ground to the tent seeing as they weren't needed anyways.

"Camille."

Another voice that was one of the reasons for her to live spoke behind her, She looked behind and lets a smile out once she saw who it was. Behind the figure, Hope stood closely by with the astral projection object with a sly smile.

"Dad." She spoke and stood up to walk towards him, an effort for them for this day. It is christmas afterall. "I thought we won't be seeing you today." Camille said in relief, her sister walking besides her.

"You can't actually believe that I won't be seeing my daughters for the holidays." He remarked with a grin, the ones the twins missed so much. "Merry christmas, Hope, Cami."

"It sucks we won't be celebrating together." Hope whimpered, a little bit emotional that they won't be this year.

There was not a single year ever since the hollow got put down that they didn't celebrate the holidays apart or birthdays for that matter. It was basically basic nature as a family.

"Oh I tried to go to you two today. Say the least your uncle Elijah has me on a tight leash." He rubbed the back of his neck that caused the two to laugh in unison.

"What are you doing there? I've never heard of what you and the others are planning." Camille asked, her hand landed on her hip in questioning.

"A little compelling here and there for information. Though no need to worry, We have it handled." He assured, looking to them both with sincerity and longing. "How about you? Any progress Hope?" He asked.

Hope looked at Cami before answering. "Harry thinks he found something at some place else. We stayed behind to talk you and he insisted that we should."

"That's great news then? Just make sure when we meet, you two are unharmed. Or else I'll have to take my anger out on Elijah for sending you two to journey alone on helping Potter." He halfheartedly joked as the three laughed together.

A sudden flash occured just in front of the tent, Hermione was holding a limping Harry who seemed exhausted. Camille didn't hesitated to walk to them.

Hope looked worriedly, explaining to Klaus that they have it handled and he shouldn't worry. He calmed down eventually and the two bid their goodbyes.

"Bloody hell— What happened?" She asked, helping Harry to get inside and placed him on his bed carefully. Harry took his glasses off in frustration and was breathing heavily.

"It was Voldemort's snake. It jumped us, knew that we would go there at some point." He explained, grabbing the cup of water that Hermione got for him. He gulped it down hurriedly and panted. "I shouldn't pushed it." He regretted it and sat up.

Camille glared and pushed him back down to bed. "Don't think we're letting you stand up after whatever happened out there. Sleep it off, Har." She said seriously, almost too seriously that Harry couldn't even argue. "If you're actually dying then I'll let you drink my blood. Nothing a good 'ol nap won't fix."

Once she was positive that Harry wasn't going to stand up and about anymore, she turned around and saw Hermione waiting idly by for her by the side.

"Can you look out for him?" She asked emotionless while walking past her, only to be stopped when a hand gripped on her wrist while she hault in her tracks.

"Can you please... talk to me?" Hermione pleaded, her voice sounded tired of the distance they've been doing to each other since Ron left.

Camille did talk to her at times but when it does, she'd go back to herself and act like she doesn't care and remember a thing from the recent events.

"I'm here and talking to you?" Camille asked acting confused all in while her tone mocked her.

"Properly, Camille." She sighed out, letting go of the Vampire's wrist and although missing her touch. "I'm sorry... okay? I didn't mean to say what I said."

Camille looked at Hermione for a good few seconds. It was a secret that she missed the witch so much but knew very well that at some point, she'd have to leave permanently this time.

"Although I love seeing you miserable and like this, It's christmas. I have a family to see with a sister that's outside this tent." She grinned annoyingly before turning her heel, "Nice talk." She waved once she didn't see Hermione anymore. It gave her the chance to look guilty of saying what she said and her eyes watered.

Once she left, Hermione sighed in frustration. She didn't believe a word that came out of the Tribrid's mouth. It screamed lies and pain, that only she noticed given how she can easily read Camille Mikaelson, the girl that did nothing but good to her but hurt anyways.

// // //

"It's been almost an hour, Aunt Rebekah. There is no way that dad isn't freaking out over there." Hope smiled once she spoke.

It's almost sunrise and the twins spent the day talking to a projection of their family for the holidays. It was the best day they had in days and was quite relieving.

"Alright alright." Rebekah rolled her eyes and stood up. "I'm beginning to think you two don't like me very much." She playfully said especially to Camille who held her head aback laughing.

"Was I too obvious?" She joked and knew that her Aunt couldn't do a thing but just throw mental daggers in her head. "Merry christmas, Aunt bex. We'll see you when this is all over." She said seriously this time.

"Yup what she said." Hope said with a smile. Rebekah bid her goodbyes and warned Camille to steer clear of trouble with a glare. "We've talked to everyone since the afternoon."

Camille chuckled and stood up, brushing parts of the snow away from her pants. "God I miss the sun and heat." She shivered from the cold.

"You're telling me." Hope scoffed and the two walked back to the tent in peace. Before they could even enter, they heard footsteps behind them making them turn around quickly.

Their eyes darted to Harry and Ron, both looked tired and soaked in water. In this cold? what happened?

"Since when did you get out of bed?" Cami asked and their attention turned to her in shock. "And you?" She turned to Ron who held an innocent and sheepishly look at the twins.

"Is it too late for me to apologise on what I said?" Ron mumbled, his eyes pleading.

-~-~-~