~Chapter 18~

Narrator's perspective

     "This is absolutely ridiculous." Camille snorted, walking her way to the party with a huff. Besides her was her father and Hope who was also attending per request of the host.

"You and I both, Camille." Klaus intervened, adjusting the black tie around his collar. He borrowed a suit from Elijah seeing as he was the only one who bought suits when they landed in this world. "Your sister is much persuasive on not wanting to go alone."

"I could be shifting. You know, running wild free in the woods without having to attend this stupid party." She said once again only to be punched in the arm making her wince and glare at the attacker.

"Stop acting like children, the both of you." Hope sneered and glare at her father as well who found it entertaining to say the least. "This party, I feel like there's something about to go down."

Camille scoffed, "Yeah I'm taking you down for making me wear this ridiculous outfit." Her bright blue eyes glaring at her twin who did the same before rolling her eyes through the back of her head.

"As much as I find this amusing, Enough. I can hear the party closing in." Their father interrupted, His right hand inside his jean pocket as they walk, footsteps echoed in the hallways. "I trust you two will be in your best behaviour." He quirked his eyebrow up, looking at his daughters when they stopped by the entrance.

Hope nods and answered for her sister. The three entered the spacious room and was welcomed by Professor Slughorn who was standing near the entrance. He greeted the two twins but quickly darted his attention to Klaus seeing as they haven't met.

It gave Camille to slip away and quickly grabbing a drink from Neville's tray who was giving it out to people. Her eyes scanned the room carefully and saw two figures behind the drapes.

"Yup, noticed that too." Hope said, already had a drink on her hand as well. Camille didn't pay attention to her and slowly walk backwards to listen discreetly to the two.

"... I mean, I left Cormac under the mistletoe."

Camille grin as she took a sip from the beverage she had on her hand. She could recognise that voice from miles away and it somehow made her interested in this party.

"Cormac? That's who you've invited?"

"I thought it would annoy Ron the most."

It caused her to raise her eyebrow in amusement. She quickly placed the glass back to whoever walked past her with the same silver tray where she got it. She sent a tight smile to the boy who took it and rolled her eyes not in the mood.

"You know I'm still here, right? What'd they say?" Hope questioned curiously and darted her eyes on the two which Hermione was desperately getting away. "And what happened there?" she now frowned and noticed the Granger discreetly hiding from a certain person.

"No idea, Hey look." She said pointing at their father who was talking with a few students who was probably in their last years. "Dad flirting with children. Now that's something I would definitely want to see before I die." The twins shuddered in disgust and turned to look the other way.

Klaus was leaning slightly forward on a table while he sips the champagne on his glass. Secretly eyeing the two women in front of him like they're fresh meats. Ofcourse, Klaus will never lay a hand on these students but guess to say, he was bored.

"So." Hope started once they were walking around the room. "Ever want to talk about what happened with Josie?" She asked now that they stopped by a long table with a few drinks and food.