~Chapter 17~

Narrator's perspective

After the supper with Professor Slughorn, to say the least, Camille was not at all pleased. She had to watch a boy Cormac flirt his way and keep sending loving eyes to Hermione across the table. Which lead to Hope teasing her throughout all of it and never let her head the end of it.

"I had to wear one of this my whole life, Aunt Freya. Is there any other solution?" The girl whined, uncomfortable of a certain bracelet around her wrist to supress her powers.

"Well if you want to lose control then you can just take it off. No one's stopping you." Freya countered and put away a few sheets of paper on the ground.

"Very funny." She snickered unamused before standing up as well and getting blood from the nearby trunk. "Can't you just take away my powers?" She suggested in a monotone tone and sat down on the chair while she sipped her drink.

Freya shook her head, "I could if I can but I don't have my grimiores with me. I would bring them if I'd known that we're planning a trip to another world." Camille rolled her eyes.

"You sound like Dad." She deadpanned earning a laugh from her aunt who finished cleaning up. "Is there a way to get home already? I'm getting bored and want my freedom back."

"I wouldn't say that. Who was that girl I saw in your head?" She teased, sitting down on Hope's bed and gestured her to take a seat on hers.

Giving up, she rolled her eyes and dragged her feet to her bed, laying down. "Nobody interesting. You were meant to find a way to get us out of here, not meddle with my life."

"Okay now you sound like Klaus." She pointed, offended that her niece pointed it out. "You know, being in a relationship in a different world will not end well. You'll just get your heart broken in the process."

"I'm not in a relationship." She defended sipping the straw while looking at the woman who didn't believe her. "I could care less what happens in the future."

"But you like her, Don't you." Freya straight up said and never missing the flash of emotion across the girl's face. "It's alright to care, you know. But don't push into it too much, We'll leave this world at some point."

Camille looked away in a huff. "Like I said, I don't care about her." The cold tone only made Freya's suspicions confirmed. It was sweet to think that her niece is having a crush but she couldn't stop thinking about what will happen if she pursues someone in this world.

"Okay okay. Just be her friend, atleast in that way you'll be closer to her." She finished but still knew that Camille had a crush. Before she opened the door, she turned around to look at the girl laying in bed. "Keep that bracelet on. I'm serious, Cami"

With that, Freya left the room only to be surprised when Josie was waiting outside. Camille couldn't hear the footsteps walk away so she listened carefully and heard the voices of her bestfriend outside.

"Is she alright?"

"I haven't stumbled upon this kind of dark magic before, Josie. It's even impossible given that she's a vampire but also a witch."

"The magic was too dark that it can still be attached to her? How is that fair to nature?"

"Because her magic is not from nature. Nothing about it is pure anymore, just darkness."

Enough said, Camille pursue her lips. "I have special hearings too you know!" She shouted and the whispers stopped. With that, she heard footsteps getting away.

The door opened, Jo's head popping in with a tight smile. "Haven't seen you in a while, loser." She joked and went besides Cami who gave an amused look.