Chapter 46

Narrator's perspective

ᴘᴏs ᴡᴀʀ

Hermione laughed, vaguely remembering how Ron was so afraid of getting hurt the day they met Camille. She was scary looking but that didn't stop them all from becoming friends.

"Shut up! Hermione was latching on Harry's arm the entire talk as well." Ron huffed, crossing his arms at how his three friends was teasing him on about it.

"Camille's dad was intimidating, okay? Who wouldn't be scared of him." Hermione feigned innocence and that she had the right to be scared that day. "Plus, you were scared of Cami."

"Hey I already apologised for that." Camille playfully glared at the brunette while they all laugh in unison.

They were currently at the three broomsticks. It's hogsmeade weak and they took advantage of it by hanging out and talking like normal kids. Hope couldn't make it seeing as she wanted to talk to Freya about a plan once they find a way to get out of here.

Camille sat besides Hermione while they face the two boys on a booth besides a large window, showing the piles of snow outside. The weather was crazy today and they couldn't even go outside without flying off your feet due to the wind so they decided to stay in the small pub for a little longer just until the wind passes.

"What are your plans for this christmas?" Hermione asked, igniting a conversation between the three of them. Harry was the first to speak,

"Spending it with Ron and the Weasley's. Aren't you going with us, 'Mione?" He asked, sipping liquid from his butterbeed after he questioned.

"No I'm thinking of spending it with my family this year." She forced a smile knowing full well on why is that.

Ron and her has gotten into a fight, it was not non-verbally planned but there was bad blood between the two after Ron got in cahoots with Lavender Brown. It mentally broke her heart but she realised that it was only a little pinch. But why was that?

Harry asked what Camille was going to do. "We're going to New Orleans." She informed them which earned a few surprised looks. "That's where our home is back in our world. So we're basically reliving it. Kind of missed it as well."

"What's it like anyways? In your world?" Ron asked eagerly, curious on what the difference is between this world and hers.

"Well there are many supernatural creatures there. Literally. Like Vampires, Werewolves, Witches, Hybrids. Only a few human knows that we exist but they ended up getting killed or turning into a Vampire." She informed. "Nobody lasted longs as a human, Like my aunt Camille..."

The small revelation caused fear to the three, how cruel it sounded to live from there.

"You have another Aunt? You two have the same name." Hermione asked, her chin plopped on her palm while her elbow rests on the table besides her.

"My father's last love, I guess. I didn't meet her or atleast of what I remember. My dad named me after her because she helped him through so much." She informed, a small smile formed her lips. "Camille O'connell believe that there was good in my dad. She was right because he changed when me and Hope were born. It was all Cami who helped dad redeem himself."

"But, my dad's crazy ex got jealous and turned her into a Vampire. It was sudden but... like I told you, they either end up dead or turned." She cleared her throat and noticed a few stares from them, mostly pity but she brushed it away. "She got both. Turned, and a few weeks later, dead entirely."

"That's awful." Hermione stated and the boys nodded as well.

Camille shrugged the pain away. "I didn't get to meet her. That still didn't stop my family on telling stories. God— I miss it there."

"Can't be as awful as this world. It feels like yours is much more complicated than this one." Harry said halfheartedly joking that caused a small chuckle escape from Camille's mouth.

"Please, A dark wizard who is hell bent on killing you? You have bad luck, Har." She spoke and the four friends laughed by her words.

They sought comfort and humor to Camille. She was different and they could use different at times like this.

"The chosen one." Ron rolled his eyes in a joking manner which caused a few laughters again. "The world took it literal when Harry got chosen for a dangerous tournament in our 4th year."

Ron and Hermione explained on what the triwizard tournament is and of it's rules. Including the age limit of the goblet but it didn't stop it from showing Dumbledore Harry's name.

"That's... Actually pretty cool." Camille said and interested of it. "In our world, our extracurricular was football. A nightmare." She groaned, sinking in her seat, earning a few snickers around her. "Anyways, what happened else?"

"He fought a dragon on the first round." Hermione said, remembering how the dragon flew over their heads just to follow the Potter who was on his broom. "Quite deliberating."

Camille gasped in a chuckle. "I'm starting to like your school here." She joked and laughed

"The second one was quite boring and the third was more dangerous. A hufflepuff— Cedric died as a casualty to you-know-who when he used the cup as a portkey." Ron said in a whisper, afraid that people will look at their tably by saying Cedric's name.

"I'm sorry— Is he a friend of yours?" She asked Harry who nodded sadly. "You'll avenge his death some day."

A moment of silence occured, Camille drank her drink whole of the mention of someone's death.

"Atleast we have something in common." She added, earning a confused looks to the three who asked what it was. "Death manages to follow us in the bad times." She held her mug up.

"Yeah— I'll cheers to that." Harry said almost too quickly as it caused them all to laugh and clink their mugs together on the middle of the table.

They all continued to talk, Hermione's gaze sometimes going to the girl besides her. She even had to pinch herself to snap out of it before someone realises that she has been staring. Her heart beats more frequently and faster when she thinks about Camille, but why was that happening?

Hermione enjoyed Camille's company. Even though that the Vampire practically tricked her into kissing her a few months ago, she had never hold it against her. It was Hermione's choice afterall, she believed Camille when she said that she didn't compel her that time. It was all her but why did she got a feeling that she didn't regret that moment?

Was it love? Confusion? A grudge? It all confused her.

Camille on the other hand, was furiously mad at herself for doing that. If she would tak it back she would but what's done is done anyways. She would even think that the incident on the library only brough them closer to a bond. It brought her joy of finding comfort to the three, but also scared that she will have to leave them behind. Especially Hermione, the girl who she liked and admired since the start. The girl who peaked her interest into so many levels.

-~-~-~