Part 1

3rd Person POV

A young boy was running, running through Central Park in New York,

In a small apartment, you could hear the sound of a young boy speeding around the building with a huge grin on his face.

After a few minutes, the boy stopped in front of a door, finally allowing a good look at him. He looked about 5. His pyjamas and messy raven black hair showed that he must have just woken up. His pale blue eyes shined with mirth.

It didn't take long for a nice-looking woman who you could only assume was the boy's mother opened the door.

"Mommy!" The boy shouted, jumping into her arms.

"Good morning Percy, happy birthday!" She replied and if the boy's (now known as Percy) smile might have got even bigger.

"Thanks!" He shouted before another voice wiped the smile off of his face.

"Hey! Keep it down will ya!" A man called from down the hall. The voice was slurred and the speaker was obviously drunk. This man was Gabriel Ugliano, Percy's stepfather. When Percy was four he nicknamed him Smelly Gabe. Possibly the worst human being on earth.

Deciding to ignore him, Sally held her son's present out for him. "Here you go, Percy!" Percy, being a child, didn't notice the look in his mother's warm brown eyes. As if she knew something was going to happen. "I was planning to wait until you were older, but I think you're ready." Percy grinned and took the present. But just as he was about to tear it open, his stepfather's voice rang through the apartment again.

"Sally!" The man called "where's that bean dip?"

"I haven't made it yet Gabriel." She said with a little bit of fear.

"WHAT!! I'll show you what happens to people who don't listen."

Percy shook the nightmare, no, memory, out of his thoughts. He continued running, still carrying the small box that his mother gave him. But he didn't know where he was running too.

All of a sudden, a strange white light appeared. It got brighter and brighter until Percy closed his eyes and collapsed on the grass.

When he awoke, he was in an all-white room. There were no couches, no beds or anything. But, in the middle of the room, an auburn-haired woman sat in a chair reading a book. She was almost... glowing.

Percy(who was now 12 years old) inched closer, not knowing if he was allowed.

The woman seemed to finally notice him. "Hello young Perseus, come closer, I'm not going to hurt you." Percy remained silent, weighing his options. Then again, he didn't see any doors in the room so obeying was the only option.

Walking up to the woman, he asked the basic questions 'where am I? Who are you?'

The woman chuckled, "my name is Leto, as for where we are. I don't exactly know. It's supposed to take the form of the place you feel the safest. But you've never exactly felt safe anywhere. So, it takes a form like this. And I know your name because I have been watching over you."

"Why am I here?" Percy asked, still skeptical of this strange lady.

"Because I wanted to talk to you Perseus. What do you know about Mythology?"