Chapter 17|21:40 - 21:50 p.m.

(Minho's pov)

My breath caught in my throat, I feel a sudden urge to just disappear from the earth and never come back.

"What should I say? What should I say??"

I gulped, not dare to move an inch. We are simultaneously having a staring battle right now, we don't even blink.

Jisung just sits there waiting impatiently for my answer, his deep stare is practically making a hole in my eyes.

I'm screaming inside my head, hoping for someone or something to suddenly barge in our dorm. I don't care if it's an alien or dinosaurs, just please anything, come rescue me this instant.

"Hyung?" Jisung waves his hand in front of my face.

I gasped, back to reality because it seems like the alien doesn't have any schedule to come to earth this night.

I tried to control my breath and give the best serene face I could ever show.

"Yeah, I volunteered myself." I decided to avoid the second question.

Jisung looks dumfounded, his mouth slightly open. Pretty sure he thinks that I'm high on something at the moment.

"Why? What about the rps?" He sighs.

"Thank God, he doesn't force me to answer the scary question."

"I volunteered because I was pretty sure that no one would volunteer themselves and I was very tired yesterday, so I didn't want to waste any second to play the silly rps," I'm reasoning calmly.

"Sounds fishy, but okay. Still, why did you have to lie to me?" Jisung asked suspiciously.

"Why couldn't I anyway?" I lean my head against the couch backrest.

"Didn't we promise to not keeping any secret?" Jisung asked quite disappointed.

"O-of course, but it's just a simple lie whether I volunteer or not. I mean, I can't just simply told you that I volunteered myself right? That would be no fun," I explained dramatically, flapping my arms around.

"Just say that you're embarrassed hyung." Jisung pinches my nose and make a teasingful face.

"No, I'm not." I pinch his nose back.

We released our pinch and giggling together like an idiot.

"So, are you satisfied now? Let's watch the mov-"

"Not yet, you didn't answer to my second question." Jisung's tone becomes serious again.

"Oh, no."

This time, he doesn't even face me. He is looking at his toes and twirling them, he licked his lips and glanced at me for a few times.

"Maybe I can shun it by jokes."

"Your lips looked delicious," I answered mindlessly.

Jisung turns his head in surprise, his eyes enlarged and his jaw dropped to the floor. I'm laughing really hard because his shocked face is so funny.

"What kind of answer is that?" Jisung covers his lips.

"An honest answer." I smirk.

Jisung annoyedly throws the blanket towards me and gets up from the couch angrily.

"Wait!" I catch his wrist and pull him down.

"W-what?" He stuttered shyly.

"Where are you going?" I asked still holding Jisung's wrist.

"I'm going to my room, I don't want to be on the same couch with a pervert," He said, completely avoiding my eyes.

"Hey, don't be like that, I'm just joking." I poke his side waist.

"Give me a serious one then." He doesn't even pay attention to my poke.

"There you go." I poke aggressively his body.

"No, hyung, stop! Hahahaha." He is squirming around while hitting my hands.

I stopped to spare him a breath, but our current position makes my body shivers in dejavu. I landed my eyes on his lips and it certainly looks delicious, so my answer wasn't entirely wrong.

Thankfully, there is no naughty demon this time, so I quickly snap back and clear out my throat.

"S-sorry," I said clumsily.

Jisung sits back and lowers his head, playing awkwardly with his thumbs. I'm confused to see his weird demeanour.

"Are you alri-"

"Did my lips doesn't look delicious this time?" He asked with glassy eyes.

"N-no, your lips are always look delicious," I replied hesitantly.

Jisung doesn't move and say anything, his puzzled face indicated that he demands more explanation from me.

I look at him in defeat, I think it's the time to tell him the truth. I can't keep dodging his questions forever and left him hanging in suspicion.

"I will tell you the truth." I grab both of his hands.

"Please do." He nods.

"But I want you to promise me something." I show him my pinkie finger.

"Sure." He linked it with his pinkie finger.

"After this, don't hate me, don't avoid me, and just act normal like we used to do."

"That's easy hyung."

"I'm serious, promise me all of those." I pull him closer to me.

"Can't you see that I'm dead serious?" He glares right in front of my eyes.

We make a pinkie promise and sealed it with our thumbs. I take a deep breath, mustering up all of the courage I have.

Jisung is watching intently, I can't drag out any more time. I cover my face with my hands and ready to confess.

"I love you!!" I confessed out loud unconsciously.

Later on, there is a heavy awkward silence.