chapter three

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

It had been 4 days since Heiji and Seohos mate date. Heiji got on with her week as usual, trying to blank the occasional thought that came into her head about the whole incident. Key word is trying, she had been failing. 

She found herself wondering if she should text him back, or ignore the few messages he had sent to her since then. A couple were him apologising, the others were him trying to stir up a conversation as though nothing had happened, as though they were indeed mates.

It was Saturday now and she was meeting up with all of her friends, a casual, cheap dinner and drinks in a local café/bar. It was good that the group mostly always seemed to have time to do such things at the weekend, they felt as though they were still in high school when Saturday came around. 

Heiji was anxious, as was Seoho. Heiji wasn't sure whether to arrive a little later than the rest of the group so that conversation was already flowing and she could slip in almost unnoticed and it wouldn't be so awkward for Seoho, whilst Seoho debated the exact same dilemma.

So, of course, they both turned up at the exact same time. 

Hyunjae, of course, decides to make a comment about it. "Woah, you guys got here at the exact same time! But you didn't come together? Bit strange, what's going on?" He says as he half stands up from the table, almost announcing it to the whole café. 

The two look at each other and smile lightly. "I was running late and didn't think anyone else would have been in the same situation," Heiji lies, looking towards Seoho, "sorry Seoho,  I would've made my way here with you had I known."

Seoho just nods and mutters a subtle "It's okay" knowing fine well that was a lie, before taking his seat between Lia and Hyunjae. As Heiji sits, Lia eyes her suspiciously before sensing something is really wrong.

"Hey, you alright?" Mia whispers to Heiji, placing her hand on hers as a show of comfort. Heiji nods softly in reply, and Mia knows that she will tell her and Lia in her own time, and preferably somewhere quiet. 

"Now the party don't start 'til I walk in," announces Hakyneon as he emerges from the back end of the café. "Even though I was just at the toilet."

"You've walked in twice and there's still no party," Hyunjae sassily says back. Just as he speaks, Sungyoon appears from the entrance. "Guess there's the party."

He approaches the table, dressed head to toe in black with a huge smile on his face. It was a good look on him, and Heiji looked towards Mia and Lia to see their reactions to how the boy looked. Both were as expected. It wasn't only the girls, Heiji was sure she could see Haknyeon with his mouth agape. Either his good looks were the cause, or the fact that he had completely stole Haknyeons thunder of bringing the 'party'.

It was time to order, and Heiji and Haknyeon were excited to try the food from this new place they had decided to have their group meet up at this weekend. As the waiter approached, Heijis eyes widened. She knew that dark hair and charming smile too well.