chapter thirteen

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

"For weeks you've shut me out," Jiwoo whined, and Sunwoo couldn't stand the sound of her voice much longer - so he attempted to leave her house whilst she was in the midst of complaining. "And now you want to walk out?"

With his hand on the door knob, and practically one foot out the door, he turns to face her. "I do."

"Where has this come from?" She tries to think of all the possible reasons Sunwoo had grown so cold towards her. "What have I done wrong to you? I've treated you with the upmost respect, I've been faithful, I've ev-"

"That's the thing, you've done nothing," Sunwoo blurts. "You've done nothing wrong, yet I still can't stand the sound of your voice or the sight of you right now."

Jiwoo's heart sank a little, she had to admit. Although their relationship had turned sour in the past few months, she still had a bit of hope that things could turn around. Besides, her family loved Sunwoo, her friends loved him too and she was sure she did, or she at least liked the sound of the idea of loving him in her head. 

"Do you want time apart?" Jiwoo somewhat begs, still holding on to whatever was left of her and him. "Because I can give you tha-"

"I need more than time," Sunwoo starts. "I can't be with you anymore."

"Why?" Jiwoo begs again, taking a few steps forward as though she wanted to grab him and never let him go, but she knew that was useless. 

"I don't love you," Sunwoo gulped, not wanting to look at the girls reaction, grabbing the door knob, "I'm sorry, I don't think I ever have."

The next day, Heiji was trying her absolute best, like any other day for the past couple of weeks, to avoid Seoho. Sometimes they would pass each other in the corridor, him with his friends and her with Jinsoul or Kevin, and they would try their best to avoid even a glance in the others direction. 

Seoho knew that Heiji must have known everything by now, and therefore he didn't want to pressure her into talking about it. He knew she wasn't great at confrontation, so at some point he would have to approach her instead of vice versa, but now wasn't the time. 

Heiji was headed to the library, with her fingers crossed under the length of her jacket, hoping that Seoho wouldn't be here. She needed to study for her psychology end of year exam, it wasn't for another couple of months but still. 

Getting the all clear, heading to a free seat in the corner with a computer linked to it, Heiji let out a sigh of relief as she flung herself into the seat. In the process, the seat made a loud noise as if she had just snapped the thing in two. 

People in the library slowly turned their heads as Heiji turned to face the wall to save the embarrassment. Giving it a few minutes before turning back around, Heiji was glad to see everyone had decided to get on with their work and that she could safely go to look for a book she needed.