chapter thirty eight

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

It had been days since Heiji last seen Sunwoo, and ever since - her thoughts were running in circles.

The guilt she felt for what happened between her and Hyunjae only grew stronger. Seoho didn't know about the two, he could find out at any minute, and so could Sunwoo. She already felt bad enough that Sunwoo thought something was going on between them.

As for Sunwoo, every night he lay awake restless, wondering if the chase for the girl was worth it anymore.

He had seen her with Hyunjae, and although she told him nothing was going on, a part of him refused to believe it. It must have been him that night, but then who was the man from her work? Where was she, and who was she with the night she kissed him?

He had chased her before, he had been relentless in trying to win her over, even though he knew it was wrong - he wondered if it was her time to chase him. Although, he couldn't bare to think about moving on with anyone else, so how could she?

He thought it had been too easy for the girl. The thought of being anyone other than her made his stomach turn. So, he decided it was best to stay out of her way, for now. Until she could fully see the extent to which she had also hurt him, he would stay away completely. And if she loved him the way he loved her, she would find him.

For now, it was a waiting game. However, Heiji was contemplating whether talking to Sunwoo again would be a good idea.

"Do you still have his number?" Haknyeon asks from across the table.

"I do, but I don't think he uses that one anymore," Heiji sighs. Haknyeon had met her on her lunch break, where she told him about what happened last Saturday night. "At least not since he left."

"I mean," he takes a sip of water. "He isn't exactly wrong about you and Hyunjae."

"He doesn't need to know about that," the girl speaks firmly, almost as though she is reassuring herself.

"Why are you so phased about whether he finds out or not?"

His question threw Heiji off a little, why did she care? They weren't together at the time, they never were.

"You never done anything wrong," the boy argues. "You should only be caring if you're planning to get him back, he might find it strange you guys are still good friends. Do you want him back?"

Heiji looks nervously at the boy who then rolled his eyes at her. "I don't know, Hak. I know how I feel for him and that's all. After the other night, it doesn't seem like he wants me again."

"That's probably because he was hurt seeing the girl he loved holding hands and laughing with another boy," he points out, making the girl sigh again. "It would hurt you if you seen him being that close with someone else. Just try consider being in his position."