chapter six

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

The weeks after that incident, Heiji and Sunwoo both worked hard to avoid each other in the campus halls. It seemed as though they had never seen each other around university until they had met, and now every corner they turned - the other was there. 

Heiji couldn't lie, seeing his face every so often made the getting over what happened a little harder, but she knew if she never saw him it would be just as difficult. She'd be longing to see him.

The same goes for Sunwoo, admittedly, he would take a different route to his classes in the hopes that he would see her somewhere along the way. 

However, he was still with Jiwoo, and that probably wasn't about to change any time soon. They had planned to do lots together in the next month or so, and Sunwoo felt somewhat trapped by the girls eagerness to spend all this time together. Truth be told, he needed these plans to get his mind off Heiji. 

It was wrong how they both felt, especially since Heiji and Seoho went on a date the day after the incident with her and Sunwoo. They hadn't said they were exclusive, but over the past few weeks Heiji and Seoho became closer than ever. They too had planned to do a lot together, and Heiji too was doing this out of her own selfishness. 

"Hey," Seoho smiles, reaching down to kiss Heijis cheek and sitting down beside her. "What are you doing out here?" 

She had found herself sitting on a bench outside the corridor allocated beside her classes. She needed the fresh air, she however didn't know if her plan was to sit out here to go unnoticed by Sunwoo or have her daily dose of locking eyes with him. 

"Was too hot in the halls," she smiles back, pulling down the sleeves of her jacket. "Did you finish early?" 

"Yeah luckily," Seoho grins. "Means I could see you faster."

Heiji let out a small laugh, she didn't know how to act when he was like this. It was cute, everything he done was cute and gentle, so why couldn't she feel the heat go to her cheeks and her heart pick up its pace?

"Sappy," she laughs as he holds out his hand for her. "Where to?"

"Anywhere, you can choose, as long as I'm with you."

Heiji chose the cinema, of all places. Seoho wasn't too fussed, he truthfully just wanted to spend time with her. He just wished that she didn't choose somewhere where they could barely be intimate at all. 

It had only been a few weeks, but they had gotten pretty close. When Heijis mother wasn't home, or even if she was (she wouldn't be suspicious anyway), Seoho would come over and stay in her room until midnight, never wanting to part from her. 

Heiji didn't mind this, it was sadly part of her harmless plan to forget about things with Sunwoo. Like today, the cinema was a choice. It saved her somewhat from having to be intimate with Seoho again, not because she didn't want to, but the guilt was catching up with her. And they had been fairly intimate these past few weeks. No sex, just kissing every now and again before she would have to stop him getting too carried away. 

"So...," Seoho starts, as they stand at the bus shelter after the movie had finished. "Where are we going after this?"

"Home?" Heiji looks at him confused.

"I thought maybe if you wanted to go to your place."

"Oh, I have a lot of work to do, I'm sorry Seoho," Heiji sighs as the boy looks at the ground somewhat disappointed. "I'll still see you tomorrow though, right?"

"Yeah, you sure will," he puts on a smile, but it becomes genuine when he sees the girls face smiling back at him. "We can grab lunch together."

"Ahh, Maria's finest cafeteria sandwiches."

They both laughed, but Heiji couldn't help but wonder why he was so disappointed whenever she said no to him. She knew he liked her, but if she hadn't known what type of person he was she would've easily assumed that he wanted one thing from her. Seoho, on the other hand, wondered why Heiji had started to become so reluctant to spend time alone with him. Everything was going so well. 

Unknown to them, as they laughed at the bus stop in the drizzling rain, Sunwoo and Jiwoo drove by, leaving a restaurant in the city as one of their many dates this month. 

"And I just couldn't get over the way she sp-" Jiwoo cut herself off, as she watched Sunwoo go from barely interested in her story to completely interested in something else. 

He slowed down the car, as his eyes clocked the tall figure standing beside the one he knew all too well. His eyes drifted over Jiwoos head and followed the movements of Heiji. 

"Are you trying to get us killed? Speed up," Jiwoo whines, before turning to see what he is glancing over at. "Isn't that Seoho and Heiji from school?"

Sunwoo nods slowly, diverting his gaze back to the road and picking up the speed a little. He seen them almost everyday, being happy together, so he couldn't understand why the sight pierced his heart a little.

"Wait, what are you doing?" Jiwoo asks.

"What do you mean? I'm driving us hom-"

"I mean, it's raining and they probably seen you with the way you were staring, it would be rude not to offer to drop them home."

Sunwoo shook his head, Jiwoo was so oblivious. Annoying and oblivious, but he still felt awful for how he felt about the fair haired girl. He thought his feelings would have diminished by now.

She continued to stare at him with her eyes wide, as if to say "well?". Sunwoo grunts, before doing a U-turn to drive back in their direction. He sees the two of them standing close together, no longer laughing but still chatting under the light of the bus shelter. It makes him feel better that they aren't all happy and smiling. 

He slows down the car, Heiji noticing the dark red exterior of the car. Jiwoo rolls down the window, with an almost seemingly fake, forced smile. "Do you guys need a lift home?"

Seoho tenses up at the sight of Sunwoo, and so does Heiji, but in a different way. He thought the days of him appearing were gone, that's how it had seemed. 

"We're okay, thanks though guys," Seoho answers first, smiling gratefully at the two.

"Are you sure?" Sunwoo double checks, looking straight at Heiji, somewhat hopeful to be in her presence again despite his girlfriend being right there. "We're going the same way, it's not a problem for-"

"Nah we're sure man," Seoho cuts him off abruptly after seeing that he looked almost straight past him to look at her. "There's our bus anyway."

Jiwoo nods, and Sunwoo raises his hand to wave goodbye to the two. He takes one last look at Heiji, who is more than obviously looking elsewhere to avoid his gaze, before driving off. He watches in the mirror as they board the bus, smiling and laughing. 

"Jeez," Jiwoo laughs slightly. "I wonder what his problem was."

"Yeah," Sunwoo says quietly. "I wonder."

---------------

A/N; Bleeeeugh this chapter probably sucks the next one will be juicier i promise ! Hope you guys still enjoyed nonetheless :-)