chapter seventy

(T/W for this chapter, I will signify when)

Third Person POV

The woman woke up from her slumber, peacefully at first. Her eyes fluttered open to see the sky was still relatively dark, but light was slowly creeping in.

She sighed, unable to wholly open her eyes as she wriggled her feet and arms which now were numb from the cold air, and the position in which she lay.

Sitting for a moment, she felt peaceful as she heard the waves crashing.

She was reminded of her father, and how he used to take her to the beach when she was younger. He would hold the seashells against her ear, telling her the old tale of being able to hear the ocean through the shell.

It was a nice, comforting thought, that the sounds that came from the shells were reminiscent of their journey through the ocean to the shore.

She peaked an eye open, feeling that her foot was damp. She sat upright, noticing that the tide had not hit her, but was relatively close by.

She smiled, remembering that Sunwoo had placed the blanket here. Maybe he planned for the two to fall asleep here, to embrace the beach for the great memories it held of the two.

That's when she noticed him lying beside her.

"Sunwoo?" She laid down, his back was facing her, as she wrapped her arms around his waist, snuggling into him with a smile on her face.

His cold body, his limp frame.

"Sunwoo?" Heiji startled upwards, pulling the mans body to face her, as he lay there motionless. "Sunwoo, wake up."

But she wasn't sure if he would.

His lips were slowly tinting purple, his face was paler than she had ever seen, and he didn't make a single sound or movement.

"Fuck, Sunwoo," she shook him further, her hands tracing over his face, trying to open his closed eyelids, but nothing worked.

She looked around in sheer panic, ready to scream for help at the next passerby, but she remained still, staring at the lifeless body before her.

Grabbing the blanket, taking off her own shirt leaving her practically naked, she wrapped it around the man delicately, rubbing the sides to heat him up if she could.

"Sunwoo, please," she choked, her body moving faster at an attempt to bring some heat back to his body.

She held his wrists in her trembling hands, as tears began to spill. Placing her finger against his veins, she desperately searched for a pulse, but her own heartbeat pulsated through every part of her body, making it hard to tell if there was one or not.

"Fuck, Sunwoo, please!" She screamed now, the same words repeating themselves as tears began rolling down her face as she became a frantic mess, trying everything in her power to revive him if he was gone.