chapter eleven

(A/N again; slightly long chapter, more as a pt2 to chapter 10)

Third Person POV

As the game finished an hour or so later, Heiji was desperate to just go home. Kevin and Lia were also confused about what was going on with Jinsoul and her sudden departure, but deep down Lia knew it was something to do with Seoho. She just didn't know how to break it to her friend.

Heiji sat in silence almost the whole time, with her phone in her hand waiting for Jinsoul to reply to her texts. All she had said was that she was okay and not to worry, but Heiji was worried, because deep down - she also knew it was something to do with number 9 or number 13.

"You want to go down and congratulate him?" Lia asks softly, Heiji looks up at the two standing beside her. 

"Not really," she sighs, "guess I'll have to though."

Kevin knew nothing about what was going on, however, he did know that as his work mate stood beside Seoho, something wasn't right. He had seen the incident as Sunwoo left work, how Seoho punched him. He even helped him clean up the blood afterwards.

Sunwoo didn't say a word to Kevin, knowing he and Heiji were close. Kevin assumed as he seen the two hugging and smiling earlier - that everything was okay between them now. 

As they head down the stairs, struggling to make it past all the people crowding around the benches, Seoho spots Heiji heading over his way. He moves quickly, considering Sunwoo was right beside him with the rest of the players. As Heiji looks up, however, the first person she sees is Sunwoo. 

Breaking the stare between the two, Seoho lightly grabs her arm and Lia and Kevin wait elsewhere as the two talk, Kevin throwing a quick thumbs up to his workmate. "Hey."

"Oh, hey," she awkwardly fidgets as Sunwoo diverts his gaze elsewhere. "Good game."

"Yeah," Seoho breathes out, also diverting his gaze elsewhere. "Will you be able to get home okay by yourself?"

It was sudden, Seoho usually always walked her home, but today - she really didn't want him to. She was relieved to hear his words when any other time she would have questioned them.

"Yeah absolutely, I'm a big girl, Seoho."

"Jeez, sorry," he throws his hands up defensively, taken aback by the girls words. "It's just the guys are celebrating after this and going for a drink, I was thinking of joining, only if you're okay with that and can get home okay."

"Why are you asking me as though you need my permission?" Heiji says abruptly. She doesn't know where the harsh words are coming from, but she was too stressed and upset to deal with him. 

"I didn't mean it like that," Seoho defends himself, noticing how uncomfortable she looks standing before him. "I'm gonna g-"

"Yeah me too, see you later."