chapter fifty five

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

The next following weeks and months, Heiji worked hard to ensure Sunwoo stayed in as best health as he could.

She had spent countless nights staying awake through the early hours researching his condition. She even took the time to visit the doctor herself, asking for help and advice on how to deal with things properly.

Heiji and Sunwoo both wish they could say he was feeling better, but that wasn't the case. Sure, on the outside, his medication had stopped taking a toll on his physical appearance, but Sunwoo could feel himself getting weaker as the days went on.

They hoped, however, that this would soon change for the better. There seemed to be advances in his current condition, making it easier for doctors to give him particular medication. He had only been feeling weaker because he hadn't yet gotten it.

"You'll be fine," Heiji rubs her thumb over the mans palm. "This is nothing compared to everything else you've gone through."

Sunwoo gave the girl a weak smile, his eyes diverting from her gaze.

He wanted nothing more than to ask her to stop worrying so much, but it would be no use - it was Heiji. Her middle name was worry.

The man didn't have the heart to tell her that her efforts, although they were appreciated and never went unnoticed, sometimes were too much for him.

He had enough to worry about. Losing her was at the top of his list, but he knew losing her meant also losing his life, and that was a lot to handle.

"You can wait here," he says softly. "I'll be fine on my own."

He truthfully needed the time to himself. Ever since he confessed to the woman, he felt like most of his time was spent with her comforting him in some way.

His heart felt warm at the thought of her being the great wife that she was, but he couldn't help but feel somewhat trapped by her constant reassurance - and he felt more than guilty about it.

"Are you sure?" She looked at the man with worried eyes.

"I'm sure, Heiji," he smiled, squeezing her hand. "I won't be long."

And as though the timing was perfect, the doctor called his name as he gently let go of the woman's hand before leaving.

She too couldn't deny that the man must have felt trapped. Since his confession, her life revolved solely around the man and his illness. But that was not a problem at all, that was how it was supposed to be for she married him and everything life threw at him - it threw at her too.

She sighs, wiping her sweaty palms on her coat. She pondered if she should sit here, but the deafening silence and eeriness of the hospital only gave her bad memories.

There was nothing a cake couldn't fix, however, is what she told herself whilst she heading to the cafeteria.

"Thank you," she nodded towards the lady as she sat down with her coffee and cake.