chapter thirty six

(A/N this is a long chapter! But I'm also quite proud of it ngl

(A/N this is a long chapter! But I'm also quite proud of it ngl... i hope u all enjoy <3)

Third Person POV

"You can't keep showing up here," Heiji snaps, but truthfully it was because the boy had startled her so much.

"I know," he starts, approaching the steps before sitting down. Heiji huffed, he was making himself comfortable as though he was welcome.

"Excuse me? Move off of my front porch."

"No."

"Why not?" Heiji blinks, watching as he puts his hand down, patting it on the stair as though to say 'come and sit with me'. However, with no hesitation, she done it. She mentally slapped herself for not being reluctant.

"I don't want to leave," Sunwoo argues, turning to see her face. She had makeup on, she was dressed nice. It broke his heart that she was probably with him, but then again - he had been in this position before. "I won't leave until we talk."

"I'll bring you out a blanket then, it'll be chilly out here tonight," Heiji scoffs, before attempting to stand up, although he pulled her by the wrist back down towards him.

"I'm sorry I didn't get you roses," Sunwoo says, looking behind the girl and up towards the balloon. "I didn't plan on you seeing this until morning."

"Why are you back at university?" Heiji blurts, as his eyes defer back to the girl.

"I'm studying something different," he says, looking between the girls eyes. Being this close to her made his heart rate quicken, and truthfully hers did too. "I was there yesterday with my father, to speak to the head of the department."

"That was your father?" She asks, the boy nodding lightly. It struck her that she never quite got to meet his parents, and it made her sad. "You've never mentioned him."

"You've never mentioned yours," Sunwoo retaliates, but as he sees the girls face drop in an instant - he knew he had made a mistake.

"Yeah," the girl replies dryly, truthfully in an attempt to hold back her tears. "I probably wouldn't have."

Silence takes over the two, Heiji leans back against the fence, facing Sunwoo who mimicked her actions, placing his legs outwards so her feet sat in between his. "I'm sorry, Heiji."

"It's fine," she replies, looking at him and the night sky which seemed to be extra beautiful tonight, but she didn't know if it was because of the other sight before her.

They stayed like that for a while. Their breathing was all the two could hear, and they seemed to ignore the cold air which surrounded them. That was until realisation hit Heiji.

"No," she says suddenly, confusing the boy. "This isn't happening."

"What?" Sunwoo leaps up, following the girl by getting on his feet and watching her face turn sad. He too had almost forgotten everything between them and became so immersed in the girl he loveds presence, that the fact she was probably with someone else tonight escaped his mind. "Where were you tonight?"